Holiday Traditions On Facebook Announces Holiday Channels Are Coming November 11th

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
The Mrs and I went to the pharmacy in her car with the free preview on her deactivated radio. With Holiday Traditions being on channel 73 this year, it was not available. But Holly is.

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
I got to listen to some of this with The Family Guy guy yesterday and found most enjoyable
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seth MacFarlane: ‘My Favorite Holiday Tunes’
Sat Dec 13 8:00 am ET Holiday Traditions | SiriusXM 782 Actor, Animator, Comedian, Writer, Producer, Director, Singer, And Songwriter…not to be a Grinch, but no one should have this much talent! One of them is making music, in a retro style. Seth MacFarlane has a new Christmas album: Holiday For Swing! and he’ll introduce you to a few tracks while mixing up his egg-nogged selection of Christmas favorites. Best known for developing TV series such as Family Guy, American Dad!, The Cleveland Show and motion pictures like Ted, the story of a talking teddy bear. Mac also trained under Sinatra’s vocal coach…prepare to be dazzled!
Rebroadcast: Sun Dec 14 4:00 am ET, Sun Dec 14 5:00 pm ET

brian.jpg

Reactions: HecticArt

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
More on Holiday Traditions. I was never much of a Dukes of Hazzard fan but gave this a listen since Tom Wopat is a frequent musical guest at the Wisconsin Badger Band Spring concerts and found it to be most enjoyable.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Schneider/Tom Wopat: ‘Christmas In Hazzard CountyTue Dec 16 1:00 am ETSirius 147/XM 73 After the popular ‘Dukes Of Hazzard’ TV series ended (1979-1985) John Schneider and Tom Wopat both remained very active, with John acting, singing, directing, producing and writing; and Tom going for Broadway and creating Bobby Darin/Sinatra styled albums. With their common interest in music, they’ve reunited for a new holiday music album: Home For Christmas. The chemistry and friendship is still there, and their mellow hipster-cool style is ear-pleasing and relaxing. Perfectly suited for Christmas crooning with Holiday Traditions. Hear several songs from the new album, and classics picked by ‘Bo and Luke Duke’. Let’s put snow chains on The General Lee and welcome home the boys!
Rebroadcast: Tue Dec 16 10:00 pm ET, Wed Dec 17 8:00 am ET, Thu Dec 18 4:00 am ET, Thu Dec 18 5:00 pm ET

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
We saw Wopat in some Broadway show a while back. Didn't know he was in it till we read the program. The Mrs is a big pop culture fan, so we bought one of his cds and had him autograph it.

Sent from Tapatalk

Reactions: MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
I just listened to another enjoyable special on Holiday Traditions. Harry Crosby, Bing's son, not the one that use
to be in Adam 12. Also, I'm going to give a listen to Radio Hannikah and Navidad has Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer in Spanish

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Harry Crosby: Bing Crosby Rediscovered – Christmas Music EditionThu Dec 18 12:00 pm ETHarry, named after his father (‘Bing’ was a nickname) is the eldest of Bing’s second family. He gained show business experience at an early age, performing with Bing and Rosemary Clooney. He is now a successful investment banker and still sings on occasion. Harry will air select Christmas recordings featured in the recently aired and critically acclaimed PBS documentary: American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered. DVR alert! An encore presentation of the documentary airs Friday, December 26 at 9 p.m. on PBS (check local listings), and is available on DVD along with a trove of other new releases for the 2014 holidays. For more info visit http://www.bingcrosby.com
Rebroadcast: Thu Dec 18 3:00 pm ET, Fri Dec 19 1:00 am ET, Fri Dec 19 10:00 pm ET, Sat Dec 20 8:00 am ET, Sun Dec 21 4:00 am ET, Sun Dec 21 5:00 pm ET

thLKN0YXYT.jpg

Goodeye

Oct 16, 2008
Arizona
I suspect we may not be seeing Bing Crosby Christmas Radio this year. This is almost always announced by now and still nothing. :(

If not that sucks our family has made it a tradition to listen to each year.

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
I also meant to write I'm looking forward to listening to New Years Nation. Last year today, I had my new home orientation at noon. I was really excited but SXM had a Katy Perry Town Hall and the start of New Years Nation around the same time and I was trying to fit in listening.

thIP4YVJEA.jpg

Reactions: HecticArt

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Since baseball season has is over, I have an extra channel freed up. I can use it to add Holly to that preset

Reactions: MadisonRadio1