Hollywood is out of ideas!

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
I, too, have never seen Home Alone. Or Star Wars. Or Casablanca. Or Avatar. Or Titanic. Or Gone With The Wind. Or The Wizard Of Oz. Or any superhero movies. But hey, ask me about Disney, Laurel & Hardy or Marx Brothers movies!

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I, too, have never seen Home Alone. Or Star Wars. Or Casablanca. Or Avatar. Or Titanic. Or Gone With The Wind. Or The Wizard Of Oz. Or any superhero movies. But hey, ask me about Disney, Laurel & Hardy or Marx Brothers movies!
I’ve never seen “Avatar”, but I’ve seen the others, including all Marx Bros and most Laurel and Hardy.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I’ve never seen “Avatar”, but I’ve seen the others, including all Marx Bros and most Laurel and Hardy.

I did finally watch Casablanca in the 1990s. I found it to be too full of one liners and cliches to be enjoyable (the fact that the one liners and cliches came from Casablanca was irrelevant). I don't think I have seen Gone With the Wind from start to finish. I have seen pieces of it (my wife is a big fan of this movie). I have not seen any Marx Brothers movie or any Avatar movie.

I have generally avoided the Disney remakes over the last several years. I did watch Disney movies in the 19XXs.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
The 19XXs. Ah, you're using Roman numerals. So you got to see Steamboat Willie, Plane Crazy, The Karnival Kid and all the Alice comedies in theaters in the 1920s. I'm impressed!

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I did finally watch Casablanca in the 1990s. I found it to be too full of one liners and cliches to be enjoyable (the fact that the one liners and cliches came from Casablanca was irrelevant). I don't think I have seen Gone With the Wind from start to finish. I have seen pieces of it (my wife is a big fan of this movie). I have not seen any Marx Brothers movie or any Avatar movie.

I have generally avoided the Disney remakes over the last several years. I did watch Disney movies in the 19XXs.
Let’s argue about what you’ve really seen.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
In 2000, the American Film Institute put put a list of the 100 greatest films of the 20th century. I had seen only ten of them: A few Disney films, a few Marx Brothers films, Singin' In The Rain and It's A Wonderful Life. I am not a fan of action films, dramas, superhero movies, science fiction or R-rated films. A few years ago I finally watched Psycho on television so I've now seen 11 of the top 100 films. At this rate, by the year 2600 I will have seen all of them.

From the 19th century, here is the classic short film Fred Ott's Sneeze:

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Here is my boss, bitchin', groovy idea: We each list our favorite movies, ranked from #1 to #10. Somebody – I guess I'm volunteering – can combine all the lists by giving 10 points to each #1 movie, nine points to each #2 movie and so on. Ties would be broken by box-office performance. We would have our very own DRC Greatest Films list to rival the AFI list. Wooh!

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Here is my boss, bitchin', groovy idea: We each list our favorite movies, ranked from #1 to #10. Somebody – I guess I'm volunteering – can combine all the lists by giving 10 points to each #1 movie, nine points to each #2 movie and so on. Ties would be broken by box-office performance. We would have our very own DRC Greatest Films list to rival the AFI list. Wooh!
That might be interesting, or it might not. Some members will have lists that will have no overlap with anyone else's list. Also, I'm not good at picking favorites. I don't like deciding if some comedy is "better" than a drama. Plus, there are many good movies I've seen, that I wouldn't remember, unless somebody else mentions it.