Hot Stove League: Pre 2011 Season

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
GOODYEAR, Ariz. -- The Reds officially began their quest for a second straight National League Central crown on Sunday, opening their Spring Training slate against a familiar foe under a bright blue Arizona sky.

They trumped the Indians -- Cincinnati's neighbors to the north -- with a two-run rally in the ninth, leading to a 7-6 victory in the first game within this year's Battle of Ohio. Cincinnati and Cleveland will face each other three more times during Cactus League play this spring before meeting six times during Interleague Play in the regular season.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
[/IMG]

I know the tendency will be to quickly root out your own team, but really...
I would advise reading this map starting from middle down while sweeping from the bottom middle right to the left and then up around until ending at the Cubs/Phillies/Brewers.

Funny stuff.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
[/IMG]

I know the tendency will be to quickly root out your own team, but really...
I would advise reading this map starting from middle down while sweeping from the bottom middle right to the left and then up around until ending at the Cubs/Phillies/Brewers.

Funny stuff.
That's awesome! They had me at "Punch in the neck."

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Reds Fans Camp For Opening Day Tickets

700WLW - THE BIG ONE

Yearly tradition includes sleeping on Fountain Square.
By 700WLW News
Thursday, March 10, 2011
(Cincinnati) -- Ever since Reds Opening Day tickets first went on sale on Fountain Square, four years ago, Dawn Duncan has been either first in line, or second. This year is no different.

For a video report: Click Here

She was wearing a Bengals knit cap as she waits in the cold. She is hoping to get something warm from the Reds. The first person in line gets a gift from the team for their dedication. Last year, it was a jersey with her name on the back.

A member of the Reds staff was on hand to take her picture Thursday afternoon, but the best part of it, Duncan says, is still getting a ticket to opening day.
Opening Day for the Reds is March 31st. Tickets for that game with the Brewers go on sale Saturday at noon. Last year, those tickets sold out in an hour.

:hhh:

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Some good times from 'Batting Stance Guy'...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cko91rhf9j4&nofeather=True]YouTube - MLB Experts discuss Babe Ruth[/ame]

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I can't wait for opening day!
It can't get here soon enough.

I can't make it to the Tigers home opener this year, but I've got my tickets in hand for the Mud Hens, and have the next day off from work to sleep it off.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I can't wait for opening day!
It can't get here soon enough.

I can't make it to the Tigers home opener this year, but I've got my tickets in hand for the Mud Hens, and have the next day off from work to sleep it off.
I took the Reds opening day off (Thursday) and also the following day. Not sure if I am going. I may have a couple of friends who may have leads on tickets. If not, I will have my own tailgate party at home and watch on HD TV then will go out for 25 cent wings afterward. Life is good. :drool:

Last edited:

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Saturday, March 26 - REDS@ San Francisco - 6:10 PM est. - MLB Network (tape delay @ 11 PM est.)
I'll be watching today's game. Will you be watching?

I told all of you when the Freak made his debut a few years ago, I went on and on about how Posey should have started the year in place of Molina. This year, the player to watch for is Brandon Belt. It's not a sure thing that he makes the team, but I do expect him to be up with the club at some point. He's got a glove like Snow and a bat like Clark. This kid is one of them "can't miss" types.

I hope you get a chance to see him in the lineup today.