How do I do it?

Rick Clark

Oct 18, 2010
Utah
I bought a new Jeep in 08 and it came with Sirius installed, after my free 1 year was up I bought a 3 year sub. and then I sold the jeep 2 months later. They have me on hold till I come up with a radio but I do not intend to use it in a car, I want to hook it up through my home sound system.

My ? is which radio can I buy and use the RCA jacks out and in to my system not have to use a docking station? As you can tell I am new to Sirius and have no idea of what I need to make it work.

I need and external antenna and power supply. Well if you people in the ( NO ) could lead me in the right direction it would help. Which radio is the best?

If you have a system that works please chime in and let me know what components I need. Thanks Rick:confused:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Welcome to the DRC Rick!

Why don't you want to use a dock? It's the easiest way to go.
Plus, if you get something like a Sportster 5 you'll be able to use it at home or in the car.

It's looking like everything is eventually moving over to the XM bandwith, but you'll be able to use your Sirius equipment for several years.

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
Hi Rick! Welcome to the DRC!!!

If you don't intend on using it in the car at all, then I suggest getting a stand alone receiver and ordering a home kit. You will have to use a docking station no matter what with Sirius/XM plug and play radios. Here's some links to new Sirius radios that you can choose from, and the home kit you would need to get them to play out of your stereo.
SIRIUS Sportster 5 Standalone Receiver | TSS-Radio
SIRIUS Starmate 5 Standalone Receiver | TSS-Radio
SIRIUS Stratus 6 Standalone Receiver | TSS-Radio
SIRIUS Universal PNP Home Kit SUPH1 | TSS-Radio

Rick Clark

Oct 18, 2010
Utah
Well gentleman I went online to use up the rest of my subscription, now I have premium online
So I will not need to buy anything for Sirius as my computer is run through a 5.1 surround sound system cranking out 150 watts of power.
The lady I talked to at Sirius was real good to work with.
Thanks for the reply's Rick

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Well gentleman I went online to use up the rest of my subscription, now I have premium online
So I will not need to buy anything for Sirius as my computer is run through a 5.1 surround sound system cranking out 150 watts of power.
The lady I talked to at Sirius was real good to work with.
Thanks for the reply's Rick

With the online, you can also use it on your iPhone, Android Phone, or BlackBerry.