How long do we have to continue to endure E-Street Radio?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I dig the Grateful Dead Channel...but i'm a pretty big deadhead lol...i guess there is much more variety in their music. It wouldn't kill me to see it gone, but i really do like the 11:00 AM full concert everyday. Really helps me get to lunch!

Too me that would be the appeal of these channels. I would think a concert channel would be good replacement for all of them.

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
GOD I hate this channel, I hate it, I hate it, I freaking hate it!

This channel pisses me off more than anything. Bruce Springsteen cannot sing, I am sorry if you like him, I think he sucks! How people continue to buy his records just excuse my french fucking amazes me.

Okay, I've said what I have to say. That is all!

Wait one more thing, if they had gotten rid of this crappy channel, they could have added the Village to the line up on the Sirius Side.

I totally agree next we will have a Dylan channel.

Mrwirez

Nov 10, 2008
Pittsburgh
This reminds me... 24/7 Elvis channel and Jimmy Buffet channel. Sucks and MORE Sucks. They waste more bandwidth with these channels..... Seriously, how much Elvis can one person take?

escapecar

Nov 10, 2008
So, if you're running SiriusXM, and Sony says, "hey, we'll give you this big fat wad of cash to play Bruce Springsteen non-stop for a year," are you going to turn them down??

Especially when that channel will probably attract five times as many new subscribers as any alternative you could think of? A dedicated folk or funk channel (two things I'd rather have now than E-Street, and I originally signed up because of E-Street in 2005) will not be the breaking point for anyone thinking of getting Sat radio.

Sometimes, it's just business.

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
So, if you're running SiriusXM, and Sony says, "hey, we'll give you this big fat wad of cash to play Bruce Springsteen non-stop for a year," are you going to turn them down??

Especially when that channel will probably attract five times as many new subscribers as any alternative you could think of? A dedicated folk or funk channel (two things I'd rather have now than E-Street, and I originally signed up because of E-Street in 2005) will not be the breaking point for anyone thinking of getting Sat radio.

Sometimes, it's just business.

If they are going to continue to do this they need to carve out 5 channels and then sell them to the highest bidder.

If you don't like them, don't listen.

Problem is they keep putting channels that we listen to on hold for this crap, that is what everyone hates.

Nov 6, 2008
Now if there was Madonna Channel I probably would get sick of it. I really like listening to Madonna but after awhile even if you like the music so much I think you would get tired of it.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Wednesday 11/4/09

4:00 PM–5:00 PM
E Street Radio
XM 58

Guest DJ: Bruce Springsteen

Bruce Springsteen guest DJs on his own channel as E Street Radio honors the 1 year anniversary of Barack Obama being elected President of the United States. Listen as Bruce plays some of his favorite songs with political themes and shares some stories about his favorite artists.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Gosh I can hardly wait to miss this! Thanks for the warning, not that I would have ever known, I have this channel blocked on my tuners!

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
E Street Radio is just a really horrible channel and a really horrible idea. I remember being so disappointed and then actually mad at my wife for having it as a preset on her radio.

The Elvis channel is equally dumb.

The Buffet Channel I just don't even understand. Jimmy Buffet is just, just, what is the right wording here, NOT GOOD.

Get rid of them all, give us a LIVE IN CONCERT channel that just plays a zillion different artists in concert and please for the love of god bring back BOOMBOX.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
E Street Radio is just a really horrible channel and a really horrible idea. I remember being so disappointed and then actually mad at my wife for having it as a preset on her radio.

The Elvis channel is equally dumb.

The Buffet Channel I just don't even understand. Jimmy Buffet is just, just, what is the right wording here, NOT GOOD.

Get rid of them all, give us a LIVE IN CONCERT channel that just plays a zillion different artists in concert and please for the love of god bring back BOOMBOX.

I have heard that the Elvis Channel has a huge "Elvis on Sirius" display at Graceland and that this display may be costing Sirius very little, if anything at all. If it's very affordable advertising to a lot of people, I can see why Sirius wouldn't want to kill the channel.

Margaritaville isn't just Jimmy Buffett. I think it's the channel formerly known as Vacation.

There is the bootlegs channel if you have a stiletto or online listening, but a "live channel" playing full concerts by various groups (not just rock) would be a good channel.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I have heard that the Elvis Channel has a huge "Elvis on Sirius" display at Graceland and that this display may be costing Sirius very little, if anything at all. If it's very affordable advertising to a lot of people, I can see why Sirius wouldn't want to kill the channel.

Out of all the Sirius single artist channels this one actual makes the most sense. Sirius XM actual have a studio on the grounds and the exposure from the millions of visitors each year is pretty substantial. I think this channel has more than paid for itself over the years that it has been on. I suspect it won't be going anywhere!

I never cared for E-Street or the Dead Channel, but clearly Sirius either got a pay off for these and now seem to think they are still paying for themselves that they have made them permanent channels.

Individually we all have channels we don't like, but lets face it programmers do so for the masses not just for the select few. This is good and bad, but it is what it is!

shabadoo25

Oct 12, 2008
Sirius' Director of Marketing, who should be solidly fired BTW, is an insane Springsteen fan. Therefore, I doubt the channel is going anywhere.

People in the NE overestimate Bruce's popularity. I don't know anyone from anywhere else that is really over the moon about his music.

AZJoe

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Sirius' Director of Marketing, who should be solidly fired BTW, is an insane Springsteen fan. Therefore, I doubt the channel is going anywhere.

People in the NE overestimate Bruce's popularity. I don't know anyone from anywhere else that is really over the moon about his music.

Ditto (what he said).

siriusfan7

Nov 14, 2009

I wonder how he sells out concerts all over the world for the past 3 decades, including the last 2 years...Guess it isn't just a northeast thing...:rolleyes:

The station is too repetitive. For an artist with 35 years of work they play the same songs over and over. Rosalita, Glory Days, Pink Cadillac....

And the Friday call in show with Dave Marsh might just be the worse piece of programming in radio history thanks to Marsh. He is the worst!

Last edited:

bentstrider

Dec 6, 2008
and please for the love of god bring back BOOMBOX.

I guess we're preaching to the choir on that one.

I Google Boombox for news and all I get is archived info from a several months or more ago.
It's like people stopped giving two $H#ts about it.:mad:

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
A concert (LIVE) music type channel would be awesome.

If you're thinking about one that broadcasts live concerts, that might be too tricky with rights issues and all that.

However, i'm sure they could follow around big-name artists and air concerts on a 24-hour delay.

shabadoo25

Oct 12, 2008
I wonder how he sells out concerts all over the world for the past 3 decades, including the last 2 years...Guess it isn't just a northeast thing...:rolleyes:
A lot of it is a NE thing. I'd be willing to bet a lot of the national attendees at his shows USED to live in the NE. Foreign crowds love big American rock shows regardless.

Growing up in the SE, I knew him only for 'Glory Days' and 'Born in the USA' due to MTV.