Howard "Sceeved Out" Because Leno Only Gets $20 Million?

Forevernever

Dec 3, 2008
Christ on a crutch, I didn't see your hall monitor arm-band. You're that sensitive AND listen to Howard Stern??? Wow! :wah:
I'm just trying to play by the rules. We could let you take this discussion into a vortex of name-calling and personal attacks (which you seem intent on doing, as just about every-other post by you is inflammatory with either an insinuation or out-right personal attack), but I'm not biting (though it would be very, very easy). The mods have made the rules, and they have warned us to stick to them. If you can't do that, then that's your problem, and I'm not going to let you make it mine.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
Another aspect of Howard's rant on Leno that kind of bugged me was his statement about how if John is able to keep his job on the Tonight Show, it would be because of the Stern Show. He says that he knows Jay regrets hiring John in the first place, but that he wouldn't dare let him go because he made such a big deal about getting him in the first place.

Howard has said this at least twice now in as many days.

Howard is playing two sides of the fence on this. If John isn't hired on for the prime time Leno show, Howard can claim that he was right about Jay not liking John. If John is hired up again, Howard can claim that he is the reason why he wasn't fired.

Win/Win situation for Howard.
So you think that Stuttering John was a good selection for the announcer for The Tonight Show? You think he was hired because of his great voice or his on-screen talents. It's hard for me to tell based on how little they use him despite the $$ they pay him.

I think Howard was right on this. Jay thought he could take another bit from Howard's show and make his show better. When Howard called him out on it, Jay had to try and act like he wanted him for other reasons and now he is stuck in a no win - admit to Howard he was right and let John go or remain stuck with a guy you can barely utilize like you had planned.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
I'm just trying to play by the rules. We could let you take this discussion into a vortex of name-calling and personal attacks (which you seem intent on doing, as just about every-other post by you is inflammatory with either an insinuation or out-right personal attack), but I'm not biting (though it would be very, very easy). The mods have made the rules, and they have warned us to stick to them. If you can't do that, then that's your problem, and I'm not going to let you make it mine.
Trying to play by the rules or enforce them? Thanks for saving the forum...:bow:

Lighten up, Francis...

Forevernever

Dec 3, 2008
Trying to play by the rules or enforce them? Thanks for saving the forum...:bow:

Lighten up, Francis...
Obviously I'm not enforcing them; I'm trying to follow the forum rules, while you continue to bate others not to. And don't call me "Francis", as that's not my name. Unless that was another attempt to be uncivil, in which case I hope you keep it up.

Also,

1. I don't care about rep points, so send me as many negatives as you'd like. But...
2. You should wait until you have 100 posts, because THEY DON'T COUNT until then (thanks JGatie)
3. Who's the crybaby narc again?

If you have an issue with me, send a PM to the mods, though I don't think "A little too uptight" really counts as a legitimate complaint. Violating several forum rules however...

Last edited:

dZilla

Oct 17, 2008
Cold North
Howard probably can't grasp the concept of a person being generous to his workers, as most of the Stern staff lives in poverty, having to rely on outside gigs and show prize money to pay their bills. Pretty pathetic for the "Number 1" radio show of all time.

He also most likely can't imagine anyone having the ability to turn down money. That thought has never made it past his wig.

The reason he dislikes Jay so much is because he's jealous of him. Jay thrives quite well without Howard, doing something Howard himself failed at, a talk show. He took John, who is doing much better since leaving the Stern show. Jay also works quite hard, despite not having to, another concept lost on Howard. Leno stays up late with writers to make his show better each year, not worse like Howard's.

The result? Despite badmouthing NBC for the last year or so, Jay is offered a new show, more money, and probably many perks. Howard? Losing listeners by the day, and bankrupting the company he works for.

While Jay uses his spare time to work on the many cars Howard mocks him for having ......Howard is on the therapist's couch.

Jay is the Gallant to Howard's Goofus.
As much as I wholeheartedly hate most of DLM's posts, this one is 75% correct. I don't think that howard is directly jealous of Jay, I think Howard is ususally jealous of everyone and anyone that is not him, and doing better at something he does.

It is sad though that Gary talks (on todays show) that he could not retire. He's been with the 'show' for 25+ years and can't retire.. (yea yea he lives in new york and not on a 'new york' salary or whatever that means), but really now....... Not saying Howard should throw anyone anyone money. Howard made a deal for a certain amount and I don't think that anyone here after 25+ years in a business where you climb from zero.zero to number one would say no to that cash. But as many have said, Howard has now become a Hampton gated community out of touch person, and has no idea where he came from, and thinks that going to a therapist for 10+ years 3 times a week is 'normal'.....

Meh.....

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
So you think that Stuttering John was a good selection for the announcer for The Tonight Show? You think he was hired because of his great voice or his on-screen talents. It's hard for me to tell based on how little they use him despite the $$ they pay him.

I think Howard was right on this. Jay thought he could take another bit from Howard's show and make his show better. When Howard called him out on it, Jay had to try and act like he wanted him for other reasons and now he is stuck in a no win - admit to Howard he was right and let John go or remain stuck with a guy you can barely utilize like you had planned.
You bring up a totally different point than the one I made. I was talking about how Howard was playing two sides of an issue in a way that would leave him no other outcome than one that would be favorable to his theories concerning John and Jay.

Do I think John was a good selection for Jay's show?....Yes I do. It brought some recognition to the show, not a lot of recognition, but some nonetheless. I guess Jay overpaying for John's services and limited talents more than makes up for how little John was paid by his radio bosses when he was used to help make Howard's show "must listen to" radio. The red carpet sniper job that was crafted by Jackie, Fred and Howard wasn't a big hit when Gary did it, but it took off into another level when John did it. John's contribution to the early years of Howard's show was enormous...and John was certainly underpaid.

Howard suggests that he knows how Jay feels about John and that he regrets his decision to hire him. How does he know that?
Who knows, maybe Jay hired John just to piss off Howard and to make Howard look cheap in the process. In that case maybe Howard is right, who knows? But I don't think for one second that Jay regrets hiring John because every time Howard reheats his rant against Jay, the dividends on Jay's purchase keep coming in.

John's been with Jay for five years...that means this Christmas John is getting a $5,000 dollar bonus on top of his salary. John could buy Howard's staff some Christmas cheer this year.

Reactions: Forevernever

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
It is sad though that Gary talks (on todays show) that he could not retire. He's been with the 'show' for 25+ years and can't retire.. (yea yea he lives in new york and not on a 'new york' salary or whatever that means), but really now.......
i think gary lives in greenich, CT.

Anyways, the fact that he is the producer of the most successful radio show ever, and can't retire, is borderline pathetic.

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
i think gary lives in greenich, CT.

Anyways, the fact that he is the producer of the most successful radio show ever, and can't retire, is borderline pathetic.
it may be pathetic but whose fault is it? howard stern's? booey must be doing ok enough to build a large new house in greenwich. he can always sell off his free man-cave goodies and scale back the lifestyle if he (or anyone else for that matter) is looking to retire earlier

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
it may be pathetic but whose fault is it? howard stern's? booey must be doing ok enough to build a large new house in greenwich. he can always sell off his free man-cave goodies and scale back the lifestyle if he (or anyone else for that matter) is looking to retire earlier
As Gary said on the WUS when a caller called in and started spouting how pathetic it was for Gary and Fred to not be able to retire - (paraphrasing) "I made my deals and I'm very happy. I'm not Jackie, who thought any money Howard got was money taken from him."

If the guy is happy, then who are we to feel sorry for him (especially when he's living in a big house in Greewich CT, where the cost of living is higher than Beverly Hills)?

As of 2007, Greenwich's population is 62,077 people. Since 2000, it has had a population growth of 1.60 percent.

The median home cost in Greenwich is $2,721,900. Home appreciation the last year has been -0.95 percent.

Compared to the rest of the country, Greenwich's cost of living is 284.41% Higher than the U.S. average.

Greenwich public schools spend $8,824 per student. The average school expenditure in the U.S. is $6,058. There are about 16 students per teacher in Greenwich.

The unemployment rate in Greenwich is 3.00 percent(U.S. avg. is 4.60%). Recent job growth is Positive. Greenwich jobs have Increased by 2.47 percent.
http://www.bestplaces.net/city/Greenwich-Connecticut.aspx

Yeah, poor Gary.

Last edited:

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
if muthaf'ers would chill on some of the conspicuous consumption they MIGHT be able to retire before age 90...booey can always ditch his fancy digs and take the train in from poughkeepsie

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
if muthaf'ers would chill on some of the conspicuous consumption they MIGHT be able to retire before age 90...booey can always ditch his fancy digs and take the train in from poughkeepsie
But imagine the advantage Booey's simian like Italian sons have over those WASP'y little upscale tykes in Greenwich when it comes to Pee Wee football? If they allow contact at all (a big if), his two apostrophe sporting ape-kids must be crushing the rest of the league. They are probably moving up two age classes and still sending kids to the hospital.

Forevernever

Dec 3, 2008
Booey's move to CT has probably been a good deal for him. I think he's been there for a while (didn't he move during the KROCK days?), and property values have only gone up in that area (despite the real estate collapse). I bet he didn't pay more than $1 million, and its probably worth double or more.

When the show ends, he'll have no trouble getting a job, though I think he's crazy when he starts throwing out some of the names he thinks he could work for. He seems to believe he could just walk into a TV gig, even though they are two very different beasts and he's a little old to learn on the job. He could work in radio again, or local TV, or TV at some position below producer.

I have no idea what Fred will do, though. He is so talented, but in very eccentric ways, and I don't know if they'd translate in a different environment.

Sal and Richard will hopefully stay together. If they don't, I could easily see Richard getting into something to do with horror movie production.

Artie will keep doing comedy, but people will stop caring.

Forevernever

Dec 3, 2008
Gary built that house after the move to Sirius (moved in Jan. 2007):

Sound & Vision Magazine - Installations: The Real King of All Media

And I guarantee that house was more than the median in Greenwich, which would make it $2.7 million plus (as of 2007).
I stand corrected. What is he doing building homes if he can't afford to retire? "Heeee's mah gramophone. I think it goes well wiff mah animation cels".

Brahmin Booey. I wonder how many times he's gotten confused for the gardner out there.

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
Booey's move to CT has probably been a good deal for him. I think he's been there for a while (didn't he move during the KROCK days?), and property values have only gone up in that area (despite the real estate collapse). I bet he didn't pay more than $1 million, and its probably worth double or more.

When the show ends, he'll have no trouble getting a job, though I think he's crazy when he starts throwing out some of the names he thinks he could work for. He seems to believe he could just walk into a TV gig, even though they are two very different beasts and he's a little old to learn on the job. He could work in radio again, or local TV, or TV at some position below producer.

I have no idea what Fred will do, though. He is so talented, but in very eccentric ways, and I don't know if they'd translate in a different environment.

Sal and Richard will hopefully stay together. If they don't, I could easily see Richard getting into something to do with horror movie production.

Artie will keep doing comedy, but people will stop caring.

I think you are right-on here...I hope Robin and Fred have saved their $...and Artie will be interesting to watch. It'd be funny if they all signed-up for Leno's 10pm show!

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
I stand corrected. What is he doing building homes if he can't afford to retire? "Heeee's mah gramophone. I think it goes well wiff mah animation cels".

Brahmin Booey. I wonder how many times he's gotten confused for the gardner out there.

Please do not confuse ideology with reality. This thread is about Howard not paying his people enough. Ignore Booey's multi-million dollar mansion in a place where 99.9999% of Americans could not afford to live, and continue to feel pity for him due to his boss who starves his hard working staff in order to boost his ego and stave off the inevitable 1/2 he's gonna end up giving to his trophy wife. You'll be mighty popular with the "I hate him, therefore nothing he does is positive crowd."

IMHO, if he can make a millionaire out of a monkey-man, he's already got a spot in heaven.

Forevernever

Dec 3, 2008
I think you are right-on here...I hope Robin and Fred have saved their $...and Artie will be interesting to watch. It'd be funny if they all signed-up for Leno's 10pm show!
Robin's got way more money then she deserves, which is good, as she's the least talented of the group and will have the most difficulty finding something to do after the show ends. No kids, no divorces - she's absolutely loaded.

Poor Fred; I hope he was lying about not having $1 million in the bank. I just don't know how that's possible. He's the second most important person on that show (tied with Booey).