Howard "shit" on by Jay Thomas

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Jay's humor? Are you delusional. He is very uninteresting and having Madison and Shuli sit in is very fitting. Bore city! Nothing deep and unlike Howard, there are no personalities on that show worth discussing in any way.

The gift was not the work but the channel and time slot! Sirius Stars (or whatever it is now) is nice, but he definitely gets more exposure by being the live "replacement" for Howard. Jay is not a great actor or radio personality. He's a whiny bitch and everyone of his appearances on the Stern show proves it!

I don't listen to Jay because I hate Madison. Her voice makes me cringe. Shuli is ok, but he can ramble on and on and it's like he has to try to make some lame joke. I don't mind Jay, but its pretty obvious he's jealous of Howard. Every time he's on the Stern show you can hear it in his voice.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
All I know is they are good. Maybe it's cause I'm not in my 50's but I enjoy hearing them talk about things that are current like Anthony talking about Xbox Kinect yesterday.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
All I know is they are good. Maybe it's cause I'm not in my 50's but I enjoy hearing them talk about things that are current like Anthony talking about Xbox Kinect yesterday.

Do you bag on O&A like you do Howard? It's like you find things wrong with Howards show so you can put it down. I'm wondering if you do the same with them. Do they put on a perfect show every single day? I know Howard isn't perfect, but I don't go out of my way to find things wrong with it so I can post them on this board. You my friend do that every day it seems like. Why don't you do that in the Virus forum?

By the way I'm not in my 50's either. I also like Xbox.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
I don't listen to Jay because I hate Madison. Her voice makes me cringe. Shuli is ok, but he can ramble on and on and it's like he has to try to make some lame joke. I don't mind Jay, but its pretty obvious he's jealous of Howard. Every time he's on the Stern show you can hear it in his voice.

Isn't everyone on the planet jealous of Howard? He gets $80 million a year to do a show that is bereft of any effort whatsoever. I can't blame Jay Thomas for that, can you? :p

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Listen if Howard was doing 5 days week with the shitty show he does now I wouldn't be complaining.

You didn't answer my question. So basically you listen so you can come on here and put it down? Thats what it looks like. So if the show is so shitty why listen? Why do you need the Stern show if O&A put on a perfect show everyday and 5 days a week?

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Isn't everyone on the planet jealous of Howard? He gets $80 million a year to do a show that is bereft of any effort whatsoever. I can't blame Jay Thomas for that, can you? :p

My boss makes a shit load more than me and doesn't do a thing. He's out by 2 every day. Am I jealous. Oh hell no. I'm not jealous of anyone.

Maybe if Jay would have been an inovator like Stern early on he would be getting that much money. Howard busted his ass for 30 some years. He's not a Johnny come lately making that money. Yea his show kind of sucks now, but no one if forcing people to still listen and subscribe.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
I only listen at work. I was on vacation for the past two and not once did I listen to that History of Horse shit.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
My boss makes a shit load more than me and doesn't do a thing. He's out by 2 every day. Am I jealous. Oh hell no.

Maybe if Jay would have been an inovator like Stern early on he would be getting that much money. Howard busted his ass for 30 some years. He's not a Johnny come lately making that money. Yea his show kind of sucks now, but no one if forcing people to still listen and subscribe.

You make great points, but let's not forget that Jay Thomas obviously didn't want to remain a radio guy - he put his time into acting and definitely had a great degree of success with it. Coming back to the radio realm, I think he's doing a good job, and doesn't deserve Howard's scorn. Howard may have done A LOT for radio-- A LOT-- but he is not the god of radio. He is not even the King of All Media anymore. There have been times Jay's radio show has been superior to Howard's show (which would never have happened in the past, but things are different now).

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I only listen at work. I was on vacation for the past two and not once did I listen to that History of Horse shit.

I never thought you were a troll before, but now I have to rethink that. So you do listen so you can come on this board and be a troll in the Howard forum. Wow :shock:

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
I turned on the show the past two days at work, listened enough to know it was crap. The only highlight so far was the Gange and Brandano fight.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
I never thought you were a troll before, but now I have to rethink that. So you do listen so you can come on this board and be a troll in the Howard forum. Wow :shock:

If I may interject...

I don't think king is a troll, nor do I think he is very different than a large number of listeners (including, me) -- I don't listen to Mastertape, I don't listen to Revisionist History of Howard, I only listen to the live show and catch up on previous shows. I want a solid effort put into the live show. That doesn't happen and is WORTHY of criticism. If this were still terrestrial radio, I'd be getting what I paid for it, but I really think there is NOTHING wrong with criticising the SiriusXM show (when it deserves to be criticized, which is frequently) considering we pay for it. No one forced me, and I listen to the music channels far more so than the Howard channels, but I criticize the music channels, too. Why does Octane 20 play so much Sevendust??? :)

This is still a forum and it is an expression of opinions, they don't all have to be in agreement. king makes a lot of valid points, frequently, regardless of whether they may be unkind or not.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
If I may interject...

I don't think king is a troll, nor do I think he is very different than a large number of listeners (including, me) -- I don't listen to Mastertape, I don't listen to Revisionist History of Howard, I only listen to the live show and catch up on previous shows. I want a solid effort put into the live show. That doesn't happen and is WORTHY of criticism. If this were still terrestrial radio, I'd be getting what I paid for it, but I really think there is NOTHING wrong with criticising the SiriusXM show (when it deserves to be criticized, which is frequently) considering we pay for it. No one forced me, and I listen to the music channels far more so than the Howard channels, but I criticize the music channels, too. Why does Octane 20 play so much Sevendust??? :)

This is still a forum and it is an expression of opinions, they don't all have to be in agreement. king makes a lot of valid points, frequently, regardless of whether they may be unkind or not.

When some one comes on day after day after day and finds things about the show to put down. Thats a troll. I don't think Howards show has been up to par. Infact it's been kinda bad. You don't see me on here putting it down day after day like King does. I used to think he had valid points too. Then I see his posts that Stern's shows sucks every day,History of Howard sucks and so on. How many times did the guy post about Howard working only 3 days a week???? 10 mabye more. He tried to get people riled up and pissed off. He hates the Stern show. He calls it all horseshit and he does nothing, but bag on it day after day. That my friend is a troll.

He never says one bad thing about his boys O&A. I guess their shows are perfect in every way.

The fact is I complain about Howards show too and people have a right too. They just don't need to do it day after day after day when they hate it. I'm sorry a troll is a troll.

Do you listen to the music channels every day to find something wrong with them so you can bitch about it? Thats the only reaon King listens.

GoodDog

Oct 13, 2008
Scientific Map
Lots of hate for the show:scared:. Me, I am enjoying that he is back for another 5 and think this weeks shows have been ok so far I don't know what people are expecting .:clueless:

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
Listen O&A are not perfect. They are hit or miss. What they're talking about is either good or completely uninteresting to me. They have too many boring comedians on there a lot. Jimmy can't go two minutes without eating into the mic.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Listen O&A are not perfect. They are hit or miss. What they're talking about is either good or completely uninteresting to me. They have too many boring comedians on there a lot. Jimmy can't go two minutes without eating into the mic.

Ok I get that, but I don't see you in here or in the Virus forum cutting on them. You pick and choose things from Howards show and you bag on it. You don't do that with O&A.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Nobody's there. Who says I don't post on the Wackbag forums.

Look I'm done for the day. It just looks bad when all you do is listen to come on here and bitch. You said it your self you think the show sucks and it's horseshit. You really have no reason to listen. You just like putting down the Stern show any way you can.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
C'mon.. Listener posts comment... You comment ...or ignore it....If you think he is a not a fan, you can just ignore the post..or.comment if you feel like it. I honestly do not think a non-fan would bother listening to the show just to post a negative comment ...And there are not that many threads these days...no time to be discouraging posters..