Howard Signed With Whalerock? Lisa G Fired?

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by Salesman, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Salesman

Salesman Active Member

Whalerock to Launch Digital ‘Hubs’ for Celebs Including Kardashians, Howard Stern | Variety

Production firm Whalerock Industries is hoping to scare up more digital dollars with a new strategy to launch media “hubs” in partnership with celebrities — who, it seems, are looking for ways to connect directly with (and monetize) their fanbases despite the plethora of digital outlets already at their disposal.

The company’s first deals are with Howard Stern, the Kardashian clan — Kim Kardashian West (pictured, above), Khloe Kardashian, Kourtney Kardashian, Kendall Jenner and Kylie Jenner — and rapper Tyler, the Creator.

Also Lisa G was fired and they never mentioned it anywhere. And according to a source on reddit, another major staff member will be leaving by April.

2. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

Someone else had posted that whalerock thing, and I still don't understand what the hell it is. But it puts him in fine company (not!).

Lisa G doesn't surprise me, as I haven't heard any mention of her in a year, and H100 news is practically non-existent.

3. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

I was never a fan of Lisa G. She was so annoying. Scotch is right the news is nonexistent.

Sent from my Note 4

4. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

yea that was me. it was in my stern google alert a little while back. i have no idea what it is either but i guess we may find out sooner or later.

huh, i dont care about lisa g at all but it is interesting just cause she was one of the original 06 or maybe even 05 news members. really though, these days, i dont care about anything but the HSS. now that TWUS sucks all i do is listen to the main show and nothing else on sirius. its a downer, especially on vacation weeks like this one where i used to look forward to a more loose WUS when gary was not around.

to fill the void ive been listening to bubba. now that they gave him his own station down in tampa and hes in a ratings war, he puts on a really great show and makes up for the lack of anything good on sirius besides THSS. check it out, here is the app: iRadioNOW

5. microbob

microbob Well-Known Member

They no longer air Howard 101 news, so it's gone for good. I did read where they are moving Jay Thomas on demand content to Howard 101, so maybe they are moving his show off of 102 soon.

6. scotchandcigar

I guess the news team thing has run it's course, given that the same stuff can be aired on TWUS. But I give Howard credit for inventing the idea of creating a news staff to follow them around. It's one of those genius ideas that I'm sure will be copied in the future.

7. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

Considering it started as a way to get Howard and the show "on" Sirius when they were still contractually obligated with CBS, the news team was a good thing back in the day. "Here's what this Wack Packer is up to" or "Let's have Steve Langford figure out what's up with the prison that Kenneth Keith is in."

8. geosync

geosync Well-Known Member

The end should have been the embedded with Bigfoot. What a shitty job. I'll always remember Lisa G's roll in the Roll Call Y'all!!!! Or as said at the time, the Road Kill.

9. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

Did anyone actually believe Lisa G had D cups?

Sent from my Note 4

10. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

i wonder what shuli is doing there now. im assuming he didnt get the ax too.

11. scotchandcigar

He's on the Jay Thomas show, and may have other things going on.

12. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

that right. shuli was smart from the beginning. hes been on a ton of different shows throughout the 10 years. my fav was miserable men. but thats the way to keep ur gig, just make sure ur useful in many different ways. especially in show biz where anything can change from day to day.

13. Bark

Bark Hey Now!

I can believe it for two reasons. REASON #1: Women's clothing sizes are weird. I think they are on an exponential scale, or logarithmic, or a combination of the two, using base 8 math. REASON #2: He chest measurement was only 30" or 32", something like that. When the measurement is that low, and you refer to the logic I spelled out in Reason #1, I can believe it. However, if that chest measurement got into the range that I'm more familiar with, 34"-38", I would not believe the "D" in those cases.