Howard Stern Show In The News

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by JHDK, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

Every day a new revelation. Now he is accused of walking into the Miss Teen USA dressing room and checking out 15 year olds. "Don't worry ladies. Nothing I haven't seen before." How is the going to top that?

2. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

3. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

4. scotchandcigar

That theory was actually popular many months ago, but nobody buys it anymore.

microbob likes this.
  5. scotchandcigar

Have you noticed that many of Trump's thoughts are absolutely juvenile? He claimed he had to "inspect" the contestants. "I see a beautiful woman, I just start kissing." Being in a position of power allows him to be able to grab a woman by the pussy. I mean, what kind of person over the age of 13 even thinks about this kind of stuff?

greenearth and microbob like this.
  6. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

(I know I'm late to the party, but we can't talk about conspiracies without mentioning the above guy.)

JHDK and microbob like this.
  7. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

8. scotchandcigar

9. scotchandcigar

10. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

OK. Howard live today. So he is a little bothered by the fact the news organizations are just playing excerpts from the Trump interviews but not wringing his hands (at all) about how they make him look. Right response, in my opinion.

11. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

12. scotchandcigar

Howard Stern is a DJ? That's news to me.

It seems that Howard is being very self-serving. He doesn't want his interviews exploited, because then people will be reluctant to speak openly in future interviews. So it's all about the show. But would Howard exploit someone else's interview? Of course!

Nobody, including Stern or Trump himself, thought he'd be running for president when he did those interviews. But thems the breaks, and everyone has to accept that no one in their right mind can (or should) ignore those comments.

13. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

totally agree here. it's somewhat true what he said cause he is friends with trump but also he wants to control the use of his content for his own purposes.

i don't think they should be ignored but i also don't think they should be given much weight. everyone knows that the stern show is the place to go and joke around about sex. if he went from the stern show right to anderson cooper that same day and cooper asked the same questions just with a different demeanor i bet he would have given very different answers. trump was just in character for the show. even the co host, robin, has said she plays a character when on the air and trump can say the same thing.

14. scotchandcigar

Howard and Robin play characters. Colbert on the Colbert Report played a character. Ali G was a character. The guests being interviewed don't play characters. I'm calling bullshit.

15. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

What did Trump say in any of those interviews about women that are likely untrue? He said he liked to walk backstage at the Miss USA contest to check out the nude ladies. That apparently is what he did...also at the Miss Teen USA Contest. Did he tell Howard that he brought his then wife Ivana and his mistress (future wife Marla) to Aspen at the same time? I think that actually happened. And on and on.

16. scotchandcigar

^This.

Sometimes people are forced to comment on things, in which it's not wise to be truthful. Melania's interview is the latest example. She's asserting that the interviewers goaded Trump into making exaggerated statements, because the truth (from Melania) would be this: "Yes, he's a sexist pig, and he was cheating on his previous wife with me, so of course I know he's unfaithful. But I like my life, so I let these things go. Plus, I don't want to be blamed as the one who ruined his presidential run".

microbob likes this.
  17. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

18. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

19. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

This is from that article:

'I know that some people might not like my show anymore and if you don’t like it, I welcome you to leave,' he said. 'Whatever I’m doing now, is about the best I can do - that’s it - I’m not interested in repeating material I’ve done in the past.'

'I no longer relate to the common man, for 17 years now. I only relate to me anyway, I never related to the common man, I don’t know what the f---ing common man is.'

Like it or not, he is being brutally honest.

20. scotchandcigar

I'd say most of that article is accurate regarding facts, but this sums it up: "Lange said he figures Stern's shift comes as result of a boredom of 'mastering' the shock jock genre, hoping to add to his legacy as a premiere celebrity interviewer." I don't agree with that part, which is basically the entire explanation of why Howard evolved.

I think that, with age, Howard realized that the "personality" he had been playing on THSS was a real dickhead. Look at what happened with Robin Williams. Howard shit on him, then regretted it for years, but couldn't face up to it. And then Williams died.

Howard is under no obligation to stay the same for his entire career. If Lange wasn't so messed-up maybe he could've stepped into Howard's shoes at some point. I share Lange's frustration about the total snub from Stern, but that's not an excuse to trash Howard's career.

microbob likes this.