Howard Stern Show In The News

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by JHDK, Jun 16, 2016.

1. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

How many jellybeans are in Rosie's head?

JHDK likes this.
  2. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

or he could have had a direct role in shaping what, if anything, howard changed into.

3. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

Howard was better with Artie but is still a genius without him. Artie does not seem all that funny or brilliant without Howard. As I have said before, I think Howard felt betrayed and lied to by Artie but was really stung by those who said he had somehow enabled Artie and had some responsibility in the suicide attempt. .

4. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

Artie's post-drugs stand-up is kind of a one note thing. It's all about being a former junkie, and I don't think too many people can identify with that. Howard was able to hone Artie's brilliance into small bits with purpose, which worked very well.

5. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

Artie could listen to Howard and Robin riffing and make instantaneous associations with unrelated things. Too brilliant for my mortal mind to describe properly. Fred caught every word and non-fake laughed often. Those first five years at Sirius were truly radio gold.

microbob, JHDK and scotchandcigar like this.
  6. scotchandcigar

7. geosync

geosync Well-Known Member

People love the news, but for me it isn't as funny after Artie left. Miss Gilbert too, was listening to him on the history shows from the 80's. Also he was on John Oliver a few weeks ago voicing jared kushner. Has anyone actually heard him talk???

8. scotchandcigar

9. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

10. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

scotchandcigar likes this.
  11. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I miss Letterman.

scotchandcigar likes this.
  12. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

13. scotchandcigar

I agree that treating old broadcasts as new information is bullshit, but someone must've recently made a transcript of the on-air interview, that's all.

JHDK likes this.
  14. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

15. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Well duh.
    He was born at night, but not last night baby.

16. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

17. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

Making the rounds now...

Howard Stern will induct Bon Jovi into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. This means a trip to Cleveland.

(Interesting sidenote: I know someone who claims to have been on Howard's local security detail during the WMMR funeral "Radio D-day sabotage" thing which was featured during History of Howard Stern.)

Bark, MadisonRadio1 and JHDK like this.
  18. scotchandcigar

That sounds like an uncharacteristic level of effort for Howard.

19. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

It does.

Cleveland to Pitt is only like 2 hours by car so real quick on a private jet. My guess is that maybe the HoF speech falls around the time he and Beth were planing to visit her family anyway.

20. Bark

Bark Hey Now!

I flew from Pittsburgh to Detroit once. It was like 50 minutes. I don't even think we got to typical cruising altitude.

Pittsburgh to Cleveland? Does the landing gear even need to be retracted?