Howard Stern's Birthday Bash

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC

Howard Stern and SiriusXM Announce Major Howard Stern Event: "Howard Stern's Birthday Bash"

> Legendary Birthday Show broadcast returns for the first time on satellite radio, on an entirely new scale, on January 31, 2014

> Jimmy Kimmel expected to host live broadcast from major New York venue with audience of VIPs and fans

NEW YORK, Nov. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Howard Stern and Sirius XM Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI) today announced "Howard Stern's Birthday Bash," a first for Howard since he started on satellite radio, on an entirely new scale. The live broadcast from a special location in New York City will air exclusively on SiriusXM on the evening of January 31, 2014.

The event will be hosted by Jimmy Kimmel.

Further details — including the major New York venue, VIP guests and performers, special on-air content related to the Birthday Bash and other unique surprises — will be revealed by Howard Stern in the coming weeks and months on The Howard Stern Show on Howard's two exclusive SiriusXM channels, Howard 100 and Howard 101.

"With this birthday bash, we are finally one step closer to making my birthday the national holiday it deserves to be," said Howard Stern.

"I am honored and excited to take part in a celebration of the life of my friend and hero Howard Stern. This should be the best BaBa-birthday party ever," said Jimmy Kimmel.

"Howard's show has never been better, and a star like him deserves a party like this," said Jim Meyer, SiriusXM CEO.

"At yet another peak in Howard's life, we are thrilled to have millions of SiriusXM fans and our listeners from across the country join in on a party only Howard could throw," said Scott Greenstein, SiriusXM President and Chief Content Officer.

For more information, visit The Official Site of Howard Stern | HowardStern.com and Welcome to the world of satellite radio - SiriusXM Radio.

microbob

Oct 14, 2008
I'm happy that SiriusXM is putting its muscle behind this as well. It does show they are committed to the show and the channels.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I'm happy that SiriusXM is putting its muscle behind this as well. It does show they are committed to the show and the channels.
Indeed. But then again, why should Howard have to pay for it? :p

Just listening to MFB freak out like a little girl who just saw the Jonas Brothers... *shudder* ... I guess if I ever wanted to know the sounds of a crow having an orgasm... utterly painful.

Howard working on a Friday night? Color me shocked. Maybe I should play the lotto?

Yay for them inviting the regular fans. This thing has potential to be MFB, Hi-Pitch, Jeff the Drunk, Gary, all the other wackpackers and celebrity fans. I'm sure if there's assigned seating, the wack packers might get preferential treatment, but we'll see.

Wow. I just heard a mention of Ross Zaipen. :eek:

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
That is Super Bowl weekend in New York. Coincidence?
All the stars in town for the game, some of them stopping at Howard's event, a little cross-promotion. Maybe a SiriusXM ad during the Super Bowl...interesting thought.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
All the stars in town for the game, some of them stopping at Howard's event, a little cross-promotion. Maybe a SiriusXM ad during the Super Bowl...interesting thought.
It sucks that almost all Super Bowl tickets go to the rich and famous who are more concerned about being "seen" at the Super Bowl rather than go there to root on their favorite team.

Salesman

Jul 27, 2011
This is great for Howard.

What I dont get about Sirius is why they spend millions on things that dont bring in new subscribers. They spend millions remaking Studio 54 for ONE NIGHT. They are a joke with these events. Nobody is signing up for sirius cause of the studio 54 party or howies birthday bash.

If i was an employee there id be pissed at all the money they throw away on stupid shit. Also how about using some of that money to fix their shitty webplayer which is the main reason Art Bell recently quit. I pay a whopping $250 a year for one radio and have no internet access to sirius. How about less of these extravagant events and a reduction to the monthly fees.

They truly are incompetent and I wonder how they even have any subscribers.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
You would think Mr Bell and his agent would go over all that before he started. You gotta know what your getting into before you sign a contract.

By the way Howards party is going to get lots of press. More press than anything or anyone on Sirus. Maybe that's why their paying for it.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
I dont understand why sirius would pump all this money in to stroke howard's ego yet between his two channels, he only has 1 part time show.

content should be the #1 concern over there. who is running sirius and are they seriously retarded?

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I think the Birthday Bash is great. Expensive yes. But I think there were a lot of things that probably came together to make this work/happen.

-NY Superbowl time. And Greenstein will love the celebrity attention and media
-It's been a long time since the last Birthday show and this is his 60th and likely last Birthday show

But MOSTLY I think this is a gesture made by the company to smooth things over between Howard and the company and Howards fans and the company. It's a lot harder for fans to say this company doesn't care about Howard and his fans once they have put something of this size together.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
I think the Birthday Bash is great. Expensive yes. But I think there were a lot of things that probably came together to make this work/happen.

-NY Superbowl time. And Greenstein will love the celebrity attention and media
-It's been a long time since the last Birthday show and this is his 60th and likely last Birthday show

But MOSTLY I think this is a gesture made by the company to smooth things over between Howard and the company and Howards fans and the company. It's a lot harder for fans to say this company doesn't care about Howard and his fans once they have put something of this size together.
It was never that Sirius didn't "care" about Howard. They just quietly resisted (no public Howard bashing) the hold-up attempt by Mel and Howard. They won in the courts as decisively as they could (summary judgment in the lower court, unanimous affirmance in the appellate court) but wisely refused to crow.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
It sucks that almost all Super Bowl tickets go to the rich and famous who are more concerned about being "seen" at the Super Bowl rather than go there to root on their favorite team.
Truth.

They don't do it a lot now, but what gets me mad is when they show a celebrity...oh wait, that same celebrity happens to be on that channel's hit show...whatever.

Funny story. I know someone who used to work for the NFLPA. He got tickets to a recent Super Bowl that were basically under an overhanging ledge of the upper level, behind the end zone. He ended up leaving partway through and watching it on a TV at the block party.