Howard Stern's "SNL on STERN" to air on SiriusXM

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 7, 2008
snl-stern.jpg

Sirius XM Radio announced today that it will broadcast*SNL on STERN, a five-part original series hosted by*Howard Stern*that offers an uncensored, backstage history of*Saturday Night Live as told by the show’s cast, guest hosts and writers from three decades of memorable appearances on*The Howard Stern Show.

SNL on STERN premieres on*December 19*and airs through*December 23*beginning at*6:00 am ET*daily on Howard 100 and*6:00 am PT*on Howard 101.*SNL on STERN will air in five original installments, with encore performances all day and throughout the weekend on Howard 100.

A lifelong fan, Howard’s entertaining and in-depth interviews with the cast, writers and guest hosts of*Saturday Night Live have provided some of the most entertaining radio in the show’s history since his first with*Gilda Radner*in 1983.

SNL on STERN features interviews with nearly fifty former and current SNL stars including*Chris Rock,*Bill Murray,*David Spade,*Chevy Chase,Tina Fey,*Jimmy Fallon,*Dan Aykroyd, Jim Belushi, JimBreuer, Dana Carvey,*Billy Crystal,*Robert Downey Jr.,*Julia Louis Dreyfus,*Jimmy Fallon,*Will Ferrell,*Tina Fey,*Al Franken,*Gilbert Gottfried,*Darrell Hammond,*Phil Hartman,*Victoria Jackson,*Chris Kattan,*Colin Quinn,*Fred Armisen,*Jon Lovitz,*Ben Stiller,*Norm MacDonald*and*Lorne Michaels, SNL’s creator and executive producer.

Highlights from*SNL on STERN include:

• Chevy Chase*opens up about his backstage brawl with*Bill Murray
  • Classic Stern Show interviews with the late*Phil Hartman
  • Gilda Radner’s disastrous 1983 interview with Howard
  • Darrell Hammond*shares his experience meeting former President*Bill Clinton
  • Norm MacDonald*recalls his bizarre firing from the “Weekend Update” desk
  • Jim Breuer*gives the behind-the-scenes scoop on*Joe Pesci*and*Robert DeNiro’s famous cameos
  • Audition horror stories from*Jimmy Fallon,*Kevin Nealon*and*Gilbert Gottfried
  • Robert Downey Jr.,*Ben Stiller*and*Sarah Silverman*discuss their short stints as cast members
  • Stern’s commentary on*Ashlee Simpson*lip synching and other infamous moments in show history
SNL on STERN is produced by The Howard*Stern Production Company. Visit*www.siriusxm.com/howard100 for daily show highlights, exclusive audio clips, a comprehensivecast guide plus the official*SNL on STERN poster.

---
View the original Article at Digital Radio Magazine or discuss it here.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
WTF for not hearing about this before now? Not even a little pre-promotion :D This company sucks at getting the work out like it should. So do the Stern Channels, actually.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
This will be one of the few times I'll listen to something other than a live show on ch 100. Nice back scratching with NBC to use their SNL acronym in the title. I will be like Sirius with the Stars Howard style.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Hopefully I'm able to listen to that, if I am not training any more newbies at my job!

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
To those that still listen to Howard on a daily basis:

Could any of you mention on this thread if SXM plays Stern bashing the then current cast members, I want to say it was the Sandler, Spade, Farley era. There was some promotional gig that the SNL cast was at and someone asked the obligatory SNL vs. Stern question (at the time Howard was battling them with his CBS late night show), and Howard played the tapes on his show. He all but tore them apart, nearly one by one.

Of course, Howard changed his tenor as he became friendly with Spade and perhaps to a lesser degree with the influence of Artie constantly regurgitating scenes of Farley's.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
From what I've heard it's more of a back scratching dual PR campaign for Howie as he gets ready for his summer gig. The hardcore NBC hatred came up briefly ,but it was during and interview where Howard was empathizing with the guest instead of bashing Leno and the network wonks.

If something different surfaces I'll post my thoughts.