Howard talks EchoStar...

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
If EchoStar does buy out Sirius, I think the new name should be "Eh-Eh-Echo-Star".

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
Douche Network

I think Ryan Seacrest is already working on that one.

Seacrest...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................OUT!

gilpdawg

Oct 12, 2008
New Paris, OH
To be fair, I have to give credit to gilpdawg. It took a nervous O&A fan spouting "If O&A are doomed, Howard's in trouble too" nonsense to bring out my muse.
Where did I mention O&A? I haven't hardly brought their names up since SBS. :) I'm just saying it's plausible. Somewhat foolish, but plausible. I think the sports contracts could be in trouble too. I'm not saying it's going to happen, nor do I want it to, but ruling it out entirely is quite short-sighted, IMO.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Where did I mention O&A? I haven't hardly brought their names up since SBS. :) I'm just saying it's plausible. Somewhat foolish, but plausible. I think the sports contracts could be in trouble too. I'm not saying it's going to happen, nor do I want it to, but ruling it out entirely is quite short-sighted, IMO.

Any thread that has goreds spouting his nonsense automatically brings O&A into play. Plus, you mentioned "schtick". :rolleyes:

As far as ruling it out is concerned, it has about as much relevance as your claims at SBS that since O&A got suspended for being idiots, it means Howard is now in the crosshairs. How'd that work out?

Seriously, if sat radio goes under, something tells me Howard Stern will be the last one out the door. Why? Becuase he's the only one making his money.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
If they let Howard leave, there is going to be a hell of a lot more wrong with sat radio than there is now. Cutting costs is different from cutting the cash cow.

Ask yourself: Would Beck's buy out Budweiser and then get rid of Bud Light because it consumes too much brewery expenses to produce? Not gonna happen. But I do imagine those dusty old sixpacks of Anorexic Pockedmarked Stout and Red Headed Pale Ale that have been languishing on the discount beer shelf are probably not going to be too long on the production line. ;)

I agree. if howard leaves, then whats the point of keeping sirius as bubba is free, and I have plenty of uncensored music on my ipod.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
It's ok, I missed when I said O&A will probably get decent ratings on FM because there was no Howard to compete with. Seems we all overestimate the relevance of those two tools.

w00w.jpg

hank-the-dwarf

Oct 12, 2008
Baltimore Md
OK, so O&A suck just as much as Howard at this point. The revolution failed 3 yrs in, before that really. If you think about it Xm still had more subs than sirius before the merger. Howard was very quick the proclaim he saved sirius and not so quick to say he killed it. Remember the sloagan" No, more bullshit".

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Hank's offically run out of material. His well, shallow as it was, now only contains "No more bullshit" jokes. Sombody should take him behind the barn and shoot him, like Richard's dad did to the tired old cow.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Spoken like a true pppest.

Yep, those pppests . . . always trying to claim O&A are the equal of Howard.

PS - I must say, these deadline type scenarios really bring out the inner tantrum in the ppests. If Jack Bauer was a pppest, the world would be doomed. LA would be nuked, and Jack would be in front of the CBS studios in San Diego, smashing his Inno.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Ouch! I have to admit that is very creative. :eek:

No great compliment. You think knocking balls from a juggler's hands and stepping on food is "creative", so your bar is more than a couple notches low.

"Take all the balls you need."

- Dave Letterman to two no name mourning zoo hosts forced on him by CBS.