Howard's New Book - Anyone Care To Speculate?

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Ya I think he's trying to do both. I also think he's allowing hosts to set the discussion direction than ever before. What was the america's got talent? Half to show another side of himself and half a dream to work on a game type show?

I like the steely dan pic. RIP Walter.

I think AGT was half to develop/show his soft side and half to prove that anyone could be a judge as a goof and to play the "mean judge" role.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
I heard him talking on the show about his AGT days... something to the effect he was humanized to America yet he was the only really edgy judge.... I admit I could not watch him on AGT... nor could I watch him on late night talk shows.. He affected an entirely different loud voice... The subtlety of his riffing with Robin and Fred (and Artie) was out the window... As for edginess... can anyone forget when a little boy singer on AGT was criticized by Howard and the other judges and voted out and he starting crying and Howard ran up on the stage, hugged the little boy and said "You're going to Vegas!" to the astonishment of the other judges. The kid did not go to "Vegas".

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
On Colbert tonight, Howard said about 33m subscribers and they estimate two people per household listen and about 60% of that crowd listens to Howard.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
On Colbert tonight, Howard said about 33m subscribers and they estimate two people per household listen and about 60% of that crowd listens to Howard.
So that would be 66 million listening and 40,000,000 of them listening to Howard. He is so full of shit. Somebody please immediately Google that one. I would think the obscenities in most shows would turn off a lot of listeners in the "households".

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
AGT was a disaster with all the rapid cuts. I get seizures so couldn't deal with it. How many new/used cars are sitting on lots with the radios ready for subscription? What's the true sub count? I'd say maybe 30% listen at the most. The two person per radio applies though. My wife hears it a lot, my dad on mom's sub, a couple friends wifes hear it too.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
So that would be 66 million listening and 40,000,000 of them listening to Howard. He is so full of shit. Somebody please immediately Google that one. I would think the obscenities in most shows would turn off a lot of listeners in the "households".
This is one of the many reasons I've cut back on listening to him. He spews this insane bullshit, and all his underlings have to sit there with their thumbs up their ass, and say "yes boff, whatever you say". Nobody's allowed to say that
1) every media source estimates his listenership is between 2 and (maybe) 6 million.
2) all his numbers are proveably bullshit. When little Sirius merged with big XM, Sirius gained about 7 or 10 million listeners, which had nothing to do with Howard. But he counts them (and their growth) as his. Also, he attributes 100% of Sirius growth to him.
3) A significant percent of subscribers don't even have a package that includes Stern
4) People who don't know him from his FM radio days are unlikely to care about the ability to hear his show
5) I know a number of people who get SiriusXM, but have no interest in Stern.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
1) Nothing to say here.
2) He's grasping at straws to make his point. Yes, Sirius was closing in on XM, and yes, a merger was smart to guarantee the survival of satellite radio, but there are many reasons why Sirius grew. He was just one part of the puzzle.
3) You're absolutely right. I keep forgetting that Howard isn't on the $12.99 "select" or whatever it's called now and there isn't a BOXM/BOS anymore. If you're paying regular price for Howard, it's closer to $20/mo and you get app and one radio...I think.
4) Indeed.
5) Indeed.

He's basically saying that everyone who subscribes to Showtime does so for whatever show.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
We enlist for one showtime per year. And the new wu tang documentary. Of course howard blows the numbers up. Why not. He's the king.