Howie's Private Plane

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
now we all know i love the show and never miss a min since sirius...thank god for recording.

but....

this jet shit pisses me off. i was reading about it in another thread the other day. im listening to the 9.16 show now with DAX (who the fuck is he?) and he said somethign like, "you and jim were on the...but i dont want to out you."

ehh...so its really cool that even a super rich howie still wants to be the everyman to the audience, but we all know hes, at least, a $300 million man.

i like when bubber talks about taking the jet to his kids races. i wish howie would be more open about his life these days. he always used to be, but is not as much anymore. i see how its cool, but more so i think it sucks.

Last edited:

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
He's not the everyman. He sees us like trash.

Did he listen to his comments during the news yesterday?

There was a story about a guy proposing on the Brooklyn bridge and the ring fell and Howard said something along the line of "Who cares. What did he spend on that $50?"

And the one time he talked about people who buy lettuce get the cheap "white trash" lettuce.

Maybe his lettuce is $15 a pound. I mean everything is about money to him. He's a douchebag.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Hmm, interesting.

Real fans are able to see past his smoke screen, so who does he think he's fooling? Himself?

I think him walking on eggshells is comedic.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
the ring thing i saw on the today show and gotta think about how to defend stern on that one.

but white trash lettuce is funny. he means iceberg lettuce. its a kid lettuce. romaine lettuce is what adults eat. i dont eat iceberg unless there is no other option. and romaine is the same price.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
hmmm....good call.

you think he does that on purpose these days now that he is so super rich?

Yes and no.

I think he wishes to appear as a common schmuck and by doing so, he does his run around about things; again, I find that aspect funny, if not ironic.

I mean, c'mon, we all know he's worth a ton of dough so why hide it, like you ask. My theory is his mom/dad planted in his head that it's taboo to talk about wealth and how much money you have. It might even be a religious thing, too.

Either way, I know he's worth a lot more than I and if I had a jet, I'd be flying in it and talking about it in a non-gloating kind of way.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Perhaps it's someone else's plane? I don't see Howard paying the upkeep on a plane when the guy barely ever goes anywhere. If anything, I see him schmoozing a ride on someone else's plane, like Trump or someone like that.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
In a way, I can defend Howard about the plane - a huge portion of his audience would hate on him, without reservation, for travelling by private jet. I don't think it is his jet, but it's still a far cry from the stories of taking passenger planes with Gary, etc. Howard knows this and is omitting what type of plane it is and advises his guests about it as well.

BUT, on the other hand, he should just come clean. Spin it in such a way that he's making a good living and it cuts down on travel time, not to mention the convenience. This is where he's such a lazy f*ck, he won't take the time to talk to the audience, he'd rather just deceive them.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Hey...be happy for the guy. If I had $500 million to roll around in, I'd be flying private too. What the fuck not??

As for his perceived disdain for the common folk, it's hard to say. I think he does as good a job as can be expected for someone who is ultra affluent trying to relate to average Americans. I'm sure it's not easy.

GoodDog

Oct 13, 2008
Scientific Map
Hey...be happy for the guy. If I had $500 million to roll around in, I'd be flying private too. What the fuck not??

what is he suppose to do, act like he has no money? I'd be private as well.

As for his perceived disdain for the common folk, it's hard to say. I think he does as good a job as can be expected for someone who is ultra affluent trying to relate to average Americans. I'm sure it's not easy.

He lives in separate dimension from most of us. Good post

Reactions: limegrass69

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
Perhaps it's someone else's plane? I don't see Howard paying the upkeep on a plane when the guy barely ever goes anywhere. If anything, I see him schmoozing a ride on someone else's plane, like Trump or someone like that.

I agree. I doubt howard has his own personal plane. he probably just charters a private plane when he takes trips.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
A lot of private plane owners lease out shares to others to help lower the ownership cost. There are also services where you can buy timeslots or hours of a fleet of planes.

Unless you are always in the air or are a pilot who like to have the flexibility to take your plane up when you want it, it does not usually make financial sense to own your own plane.

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
I wouldn't think that Howard flies/travels enough to justify the initial and ongoing cost of a private jet.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
I think Howard has that NetJets membership. Check out NetJets.com. He's not the type to worry about the upkeep required for his own plane, look at how he is with the cars, petcock, etc. etc. :)

Also remember Beth flies to Pittsburgh what seems like once a month, wonder if she takes the jet or what?

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
She probably takes one of these...

horse&trailer.jpg

;) (air conditioned, of course)...

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I don't have $500 million, but I don't have bedbugs either.

hah id be happy to have bedbugs for the rest of my life if i could make that trade.

bubba has a plane. but its not a private jet. its like a cesna. not cheap, but its not hardly ballin.

i know, but i just like how bubba is willing to talk about it and makes jokes about it. i wish howie would do the same. but its not gonna happen.