Hurricane Season

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by JHDK, Aug 26, 2015.

1. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

That's either:
    1) The Florida panhandle getting dicked in the ass, or
    2) The reason why the water in the Gulf is brown

2. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

memebag likes this.
  3. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

4. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Such a cool website.

Wolf likes this.
  5. scotchandcigar

Wolf likes this.
  6. scotchandcigar

7. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

I'm watching the news and Mikey really did a number on the panhandle. Sad shit. Looks like us SFL'ers really dodged a bullet.

Makes me wonder how my building would fair. It's a big, concrete condo building so I am usually convinced that it would be fine, maybe the roof would blow off and the place would be condemned but I really doubt it would blow over. Who knows?

So far in my 13 year FL career I've only had one bad one, Wilma. And it went down the year I moved here in 05. My parent's building and the crappy house I was living in at the time survived but a whole bunch of places all around us were leveled. I got lucky.

8. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

When was your building built?

9. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Around the time your instructors started teaching

JHDK and scotchandcigar like this.
  10. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

A few of them started in the 1950's.
    I expected your building to have even built in the 70's or 80's.

11. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I wonder if Trump will do something to Sergio, since it went over the wall.

Either way illegal alien Sergio arrived yesterday. I haven't seen a drop yet.

scotchandcigar likes this.
  12. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

In the 80's. Mine in the early 80's and my dad's in the mid 80's. He is in a 3 story, multi-building retirement condo complex and it has seen upgrades with a new roof and reinforced hurricane glass installed in all the windows a few years back. Mine still has a lot of the original windows that would likely be the first to go in any serious wind. His place also built a hurricane rated shelter/auditorium from the ground up in around 2008. It's big enough to fit the entire community. We are both pretty inland, dad like 4 miles from the ocean and me closer to 9, so flooding has historically never been a major concern. For any real storm I'd be over there to help him out since the roads would likely be blocked for days after a storm.

13. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

At that age, the buildings should hold up reasonably well, especially 8 or 9 miles from the shore. They had started requiring the additional hurricane reinforcement a little later though.

JHDK likes this.
  14. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Yesterday Phoenix saw a few drops of rain, but today it poured. It flooded one of the major interstates in Phoenix I-10.

I suppose to go the last game of the season for Phoenix Rising FC. If it keeps raining hard all day, I may just skip the event. Plus the parking lot is in a dirt lot, yea that going to cause a lot of stuck cars.

Flooding on I-10 causes traffic jam at 43rd Avenue

[​IMG]