I Am Getting A New Phone

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
The face id will take some getting used to and the no home button. I like the slightly bigger screen. But still fits in my pocket. Had to order another case. The one I picked was hard plastic and it wouldn't press the button through it. Another UPS delivery for Thursday.

Of course the end result of this is that I need to buy new phones for my wife and son. Will likely get the SE.

Doing an iOS update now. I should update my signature.

Reactions: JHDK

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I was wearing gloves at the store till I scored some hand sanitizer. I can't use my fingerprint to unlock with gloves anyway.
I've been trying to go old-school with paper lists lately. The less there is to touch and put back in your pocket, the better.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I am not a fan of the new layout of the status bar at the top of the iPhone 11.

And I did buy 2 SE 2nd gen for my wife and son.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I kinda had that rush when I got it. I didn't want anyone to know I had it, and I wanted to head straight home and use it.

• Haha

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I’m back in the iPhone family. Bought an SE with the most memory you can get.

I didn’t see the point in paying > 1K for the newest phone when the cheapest model can do everything I need.

I also like AppleCare as lot better than anything anyone else has to offer.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008

I didn’t see the point in paying > 1K for the newest phone when the cheapest model can do everything I need.

Welcome back to the dark side! :D

Reactions: semipenguin

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON

The SE is a good phone. My wife and son got them. I almost did but decided to splurge.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland

Holy crap, you're alive! Good to hear from you. If you have the time, a few of us are listing all our favorite songs in the music thread. Check it out.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Holy crap, you're alive! Good to hear from you. If you have the time, a few of us are listing all our favorite songs in the music thread. Check it out.

Thanks. I hadn’t logged onto DRC since I switched phones. I kept meaning to, but would forget or get distracted (squirrel).

I’ll check out the favorite songs threads.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
The next big thing on the iPhone 12 would be 5G, but it’s not widely available in my area. I did mess around with the night mode on the new 11 pro and it is super cool. Maybe when I get it I’ll post pictures.
I just checked the specs. Aside from 5G and A14 chip, 12 is almost the same as the 11. I am happy with my 11.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I thought about the 12 but It doesn't have anything that would make me want to switch so soon after getting the 11 pro max last year. Next Mac purchase will likely be a new MacBook Pro with the new chip. November its been speculated on those.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I'm not feeling motivated to buy a new phone, and my iPhone X is still going strong. Think I'll maybe wait for next year's release.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
After getting my Galaxy A70 fixed a few months ago I'm very happy with it. I plan to keep it for at least another year, maybe longer.