I can't receive any channels above 159

Discussion in 'Sirius Radios' started by jojopuppyfish, May 4, 2011.

1. Brad Bishop

Brad Bishop Member

Yep - makes far more sense.
  2. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish New Member

Reset did not work. Will have to disconnect battery.
  3. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish New Member

Disconnected battery and did not work.
  4. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

If the radio isn't capable, then it isn't capable.

Sounds like the situation you describe.
  5. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Surprisingly nice

JoJo, we've asked Mario from TSS Radio to help you out with a solution.

-CF
  6. Andrew8468

Andrew8468 Plans on freezing in the dark

My Sportster Replay goes to 162 then jumps to 184
  7. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish New Member

I think the jump from 162 to 184 is normal.

I can't get 161 and 162......
  8. Brad Bishop

Brad Bishop Member

160 is PremierePlus - Canadian
    161 Bande Part (?? - not sure - hard to read on this printout).

First - you're missing Canadian Channels. Is it that big of a deal? Is it something that's only supposed to be received in Canada (I don't know)?
    (outside of the fact that you just want your stuff to work - I get that)

Second, have you tried going to SiriusXM and sending the refresh from your account?

If you do that you need to send the refresh and then go drive around for 30min or so - so that your radio will get the refresh signal and hopefully correct itself.

From the guide it looks like after 161 then 184 everything else is the 200s which is the Sirius Premier stuff (Old BoX package). So, if you're not subscribed to that then you shouldn't be getting that.
  9. TSSMario

TSSMario Member

Hi Jojo. I've looked around a bit and there's still no clear cut answer on what people with older tuners that predate Best of XM need to do if they arent receiving some of these swapped channels. My guess is similar to some of the previous suggestions, which is your tuner may not be capable of working on channel 161.

We will get in contact with SiriusXM and try to clarify this.
    Casual Fan likes this.
  10. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish New Member

Thanks. I have a KTC-sr902 And a kenwood head unit kdc-mpv5025
    Also each time I call Sirius, and the rep sends an activation, I don't receive it.
    161 is a quebec rock station that I like occasionally.
    Last edited: May 14, 2011
  11. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

So I've found out a more official answer. Your radio is simply too old to get those channels. Bandepart is the only channel that these old radios once could receive but now no longer can. If you are die hard on listening to that channel you'd have to upgrade to a Kenwood Translator and SCC1 or maybe even the SIR-KEN1 would solve it. But not positive on the SIR-KEN1 since those are fairly old.
  12. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish New Member

thanks.......I might even consider an KTC-sr903
  13. Brad Bishop

Brad Bishop Member

I think that at this point you'll want a Sirius Connect (SCC1) unit plus either the cable or the translator box (depends on your head unit - and it's never been clear to me what the difference is unless it's just the new KAB connector (more squarish with a rounded corner, I think) vs the old DIN connector (10-pin and round with a normal DIN notch on it)).

I think you'll be in the same boat with the KTC-SR903.
  14. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish New Member

So obviously its been a long time since I wrote, but as of last Fri, I finally swapped my KTC-SR903 for the SCC1.
    Being that my head unit is old, I also needed the translator box (Kenwood KCA-SR50)
    My head unit is kenwood kdc-mpv5025
    The reason I did the switch is because of the following:
    Channels 115 and 13 and a few others will not work on the sr903 because the bandwidth of the new channels are large and the sr903 is unable to handle it.
    I called up Sirius to switch and they gave me a hard time.....they said I would have to pay $75 and use one of my switches.
    I argued with them and they said I should write corporate care. So I did.
    Within 10 minutes on a Fri at 6pm EST, they immediately called me and they did the free Lifetime transfer over to the new equipment.
    I also asked if they still had the $100 XM upgrade and they did so I added it too.
    Finally, she said she would email the tecs to make sure my free internet stays the same.
    So, after 5 years of asking this question here years ago, I'd just like to say thanks.
    And if you have problems with lifetime subscriptions transfers, email corporate care.
    HecticArt likes this.
  15. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

It was a long road, but glad it worked out.

Sent from Tapatalk
  16. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish New Member

I bought the items in Aug 2013 and just sat on it due to people saying how bad customer services was.
    I really feel they can't get rid of the lifetime contracts due to technology issues.
    Their corporate seemed to agree with me.
    I've had a lifetime contract since 2006.
    HecticArt likes this.
  17. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

AFAIK, they are not doing lifetime contracts to anyone who calls in and asks for one. Those plans were $300 or $400 back in 2005/06 and slowly went up before disappearing. I have a feeling that once someone uses up all three swaps, they'd have to go into a then-current plan.

What I *have* heard happens is that someone would keep their old lifetime radio "active" but add a second radio on at a discount instead of using their last swap.
  18. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish New Member

Correct. However they are still doing the "If you have sirius lifetime, you can pay $100 and get the XM channels.....now called Sirius Premium) And that's what I paid for. So now i get MLB baseball on my radio
    I bought my lifetime in 2006 for $500 (It would take 3 1/2 years to pay it off. I still own it after 9 years)
  19. Vols44

Vols44 Well-Known Member

It's interesting a lifetime can still add the best of XM for $100. Went I agreed to five easy payments adding up to 499 BOXM didn't appeal to me since I wasn't a huge MLB, Opie & Anthony, Oprah and NPR with Bob Edwards listener.

I'm (knocks on wood hard) on my second SL2 with a spare in the closet. Once I use up the spare I'll have a futuristic super de duper ultra fantastico mega everything five senses device to stream Sirius at 24g speed.
    HecticArt and goreds2 like this.