I joined the Dark Side

Discussion in 'Other MP3 Players' started by Casual Fan, Dec 25, 2009.

1. AZJoe

AZJoe New Member

Ahhhhh, Ipods play videos. :)
  2. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

ANY Apple product the Warranty is worth it. It's the only extended warranty program I consider buying. My iPhone has had problems with it before, I take it in to the Genius Bar, and they'll either fix it, or if they can't fix it, they'll replace it at no charge to me. Walk out with a new phone (just make sure you're backed up).
  3. Bandwagon03

Bandwagon03 Well-Known Member

I have to admit, I have always before kind of hated on Apple with the Ipods, etc. But, the other day, a buddy of mine had bought a Itouch, and after playing around with it for a while, I have to say, it is a incredible little piece of hardware. Too bad their software (Itunes) is not as good....
  4. Evil_Ernie

Evil_Ernie Smell my finger

*ahem* It's called iPod touch...an iTouch was a Logitech keyboard.

...wait, I'm not at the MacRumors forums. :whistle:
  5. Tgajr

Tgajr New Member

You dont know the power of the dark side
  6. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Don't get DAB and Xan started again!
    I want to start 2010 on a cheerful note!
  7. xan_user

xan_user Banned

Hate to break it to you but I have a ipod too. (it was also a gift from some gal...)

[​IMG]
  8. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Darkside, Lightside, is there really such a thing! Isn't it really just called CHOICE!
  9. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Thats just what the darkside wants you to believe.
  10. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

You know some how I really think you believe that!
  11. xan_user

xan_user Banned

You know some how I really think we believe you!
  12. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Like anyone gives two shits what any of us believe DAWG! LOL

We all should believe in choice though rather one wants to believe one device or another is from the darkside or the light side isn't likely anything one considers when making that choice, which is my point!
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  13. xan_user

xan_user Banned

...DAB will be announcing his candidacy for commander and chief this weekend on meet the press.:rolleyes:
  14. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

You know sometimes rather than say something stupid, it is best to just say nothing! :scratch:
  15. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Surprisingly nice

Too late...

UPDATE: The iPod is functioning within normal operating parameters. And I have even convinced iTunes to play nice. I like this notion of "playlists." With the old unit, it was either the order the songs were placed on the device, or random. It made audiobooks interesting: chapter 1, van halen*, chapter 10, motley crue*, public enemy*, chapter 4...

*this is my gym workout music :eek:
  16. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Fight the Power! :hhh:
  17. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Right on! :bigthumbup: hehehe

Playlist are cool and creating them and loading them to your iPod is very easy in iTunes. I think iTunes gets many bum raps just because it is proprietary, but I never really found it to be that bad.
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  18. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Now you've done it. Ya got him started on playlists. LOL

I like iTunes for music purchases. Don't use it for anything else. But the iTunes library seems to have the most selection. Only drawback is you need to convert the downloads to mp3 so they can be played on non-Apple devices.
  19. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Surprisingly nice

I'm black and I'm proud! Okay, white and I have moderate self-esteem.
  20. xan_user

xan_user Banned

I was going to say exactly that, but stupidly decided to try and be funny instead.;)