I Put My New Shoes On

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by JHDK, Mar 11, 2019.

1. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Hello new shoes, bye bye blues.

2. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

So I went and bought new good shoes for the first time in a long time and of course it turned into a saga.

I usually buy cheap, $20 Walmart shoes. For some reason I have no qualms about spending hundreds on various watches but doing the same for shoes makes me uneasy. I decided to get a fresh pair of Birkenstocks. I haven't worn them since I was doing my Phish hippie thing in high school, where I would sport them even in the dead of Philly winter.

I Googled where to get them and DSW came up. I went there and bought a pair for $99. Got home, was happy with my purchase and then went to Disney in them the next day. After a full day of wear I realize they are the fake leather kind and it starts to drive me nuts. So I figure I'll return them, but I toil over this decision. It just seemed wrong to return shoes I wore for a full Disney day. Before I made the return attempt I did some proper research and found a Birkenstock store near me and went and bought the correct, real suede leather Arizona style Birks for $120. So now I'm $220 into this shoe venture and that is way too much. This return is constantly on my mind. After worrying about it pretty much all day at work Sat I go and try to return the OG pair and guess what...it was no issue at all. The nice DSW lady took them back with no questions asked.

IDK, I guess this is a dumb story but at the end of the day I now have a sweet pair of Birks that will probably last me a year. Good times.

MadisonRadio1, semipenguin and Wolf like this.
  3. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream

My shoes usually last me 2 years. I go ask for the same model each time. If I had to get new ones it would be a nightmare. It would take a week to find shoes that fit. My left foot is a 10.5 wide. My right is 11 and narrow. Without buying 2 pairs of shoes it is hard to find a pair that fits both.

Nothing wrong with good shoes. But remember people may chuckle at you for a huge watch collection. But they will downright laugh at you for a shoe collection.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

4. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

This thread smells. :p

I wouldn't recommend buying $20 shoes. You use your feet everyday, I would buy a good quality shoes. I wouldn't buy anything that is to fancy or break the bank. I usually buy my shoes from Famous Footwear, I prefer to buy Nike or Skechers.

I mostly where Skechers because they are very comfy and cost anywhere between $50 - 70 bucks. I don't own a big shoe collection, buy I mostly have tennis, hiking, leather and a construction set whenever I have to go out in the field.

Also my shoes usually last me about 2 years.

5. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

Funny, I just bought soccer cleats for the first time in 25 years.

MadisonRadio1 likes this.
  6. IdRatherBeSkiing

I assume you are going to be playing soccer?

7. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

I coach and just never bought a new pair. The boys were younger so I could get away with normal trainers.

Since my athletes are more high-speed now, I need to keep up and not slip.

JHDK likes this.
  8. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

People can laugh all they want. I have at least 20 pairs of shoes or boots and each one has a reason to be in my closet.

semipenguin likes this.
  9. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Do you have those shoes that clip into your bike pedals?

10. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Meme brings up a good point. How may shoes do you all have?

I have 4.

My office shoes, a pair of sneakers, a pair of And1 sandals I've had for 6 years and my new Birks.

11. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Since hyson bought soccer shoes and he's moving to Florida. We need to get Koop into that sport.

hyson likes this.
  12. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I probably have like 8 pair of shoes.

13. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Who closet is this meme's?

[​IMG]

HecticArt likes this.
  14. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

This is probably my new favorite thread. I don't know why I can see Meme and Koop doing something like this.

15. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Yes, I own bike shoes.

JHDK and hyson like this.
  16. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

Clipless....lol...that clip in.

17. IdRatherBeSkiing

I have 12 shoes (6 pair):
    — 1 pair for everyday
    — 1 pair at the office if I need to wear boots in (add 2 if you count boots)
    — 1 pair for the gym
    (all above are same brand and model : Brooks)
    — 1 pair of sandals (I technically have an old pair I never use anymore because my wife won’t let me)
    — 1 pair of water shoes
    — 1 pair of dress shoes for when I wear my suit

18. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Decent shoes are important.

I probably have more than 20 pairs, but I have several pairs in the back of the closet that I should get rid of.
    I probably have 10 or 12 pairs that I wear most of the time, but I've got a few pairs that I only break out once and a while. (Red high-top Chucks, black checkered Chucks, snow boots, and someplace I've still got the snake skin high-tops I bought for prom.)

19. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

That's the song we did the father/daughter dance to, at my older one's wedding. She always liked it as a kid, and it was more fun than a sappy ballad.

JHDK likes this.
  20. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

I can't imagine not having a lot of shoes. I have 2 regulars for winter - a hiking sneaker and boots, various summer work shoes, loafers, light boat shoes, and about a half dozen Pumas. Plus 2 pairs of sandals and dress shoes.

The day I buy Skechers (or Crocs) is when I go to my 1st Nickelback concert.

MadisonRadio1 and memebag like this.