IdRatherBeSkiing's Top 424 as of 2020/08/30

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
Jonathan Davis of Korn:

In high school and junior high, I was a very feminine dude who used to wear makeup and loved Duran Duran. I wasn't gay, but people liked to assume that I was gay and call me 'faggot.'

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
He is also the reason that the stupid horse whose rider was too stupid to give him a name while riding through the desert remains my all time #1 despised song to this day.
I don't mind that song, but my mother-in-law would agree with you. She can't stand that one!

But do you like this one....?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
395. Banditos - The Refreshments
What is not to like about a song that can work in Captain Jean Luc Picard into its lyrics?

394. Cotton Eyed Joe - Rednex
Yea Haw!

393. Prairie Town - Randy Bachman
This song hits home with me because I too came from a prairie town. Granted he is talking about Winnipeg but I can forgive him that as he actually came from Winnipeg. My pity for him allows the forgiveness.

Reactions: HecticArt

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
First time hearing Refreshments, cool tune!

"Cotton Eye Joe" is a song I find both annoying and catchy. I understand why people like it.

"Prairie Town" didn't grab me, but I like some of their other songs.
It actually is not BTO but Randy Bachman as a solo artist. Ignore what youtube says.

Reactions: sadchild

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
392. Cat's In the Cradle - Harry Chapin
This is one of the songs I wish I didn't like. A big whollope of fatherhood guilt wrapped in a catchy tune. But despite that, I do like it and here it is.

391. Life In a Northern Town - The Dream Academy
This is a cool song. Again hits home because I grew up in a northern town. I always thought this group was Canadian but the video looks British. And wiki says they are British. Learn something new everyday.

390. Gemini Dream - The Moody Blues
Another song from the summer of 1981.

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
You'll see this one high high up on my list (someday). It even hit me hard when I was real young (especially since my parents divorced and visits with my dad were more often being dumped off at my aunt's house so he could go to a car show or something). And still hits me hard, serving as a reminder to spend as much time with my son as I can while he's still a child -- and I do exactly that.

Why the hell is this not on my 500+?? Fixing that now....

This to me is one of those songs I'd classify as "I don't love it but I definitely like it... and why the hell do I never hear it anymore? Can't we skip one of the six Pearl Jam songs on today's playlist (that we heard yesterday and the day before and and and....) and throw this one in instead once in a while?!"

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
This is one of the songs I wish I didn't like.
Pretty much it. Cheesy on paper, but it gets you where it counts.
This is a cool song.
Massive. Great song. A lush experience.
Well it's lady's night.....
No....It's ELO.....
No!!! It's just a good happy jam from the Moody Boys.
Happy is a mood.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
389. Piece of Mind - The Grapes of Wrath
I always liked this tune. Sort of soft and soothing yet upbeat.

388. Bad to the Bone - George Thorogood
Good solid rock song.

387. Down by the Water - PJ Harvey
She sounds weird singing. Music sounds weird. That's why I like it.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
388. Bad to the Bone - George Thorogood
Good solid rock song.
He hit the jackpot with royalties on this one.

387. Down by the Water - PJ Harvey
She sounds weird singing. Music sounds weird. That's why I like it.
Wow, a surprise from you. She is one of my top artists, I've posted about her way back in Scotch Sampler. I have most (but not all) of her albums. That song is from To Bring You My Love, which is a bit out-there and different for her. The song C'mon Billy also got some radio airplay (and sounds like a pretty normal folk ballad). Anyway, when I get up to the mid-90's in my favorites list, I'll cover her again.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Wow, a surprise from you. She is one of my top artists, I've posted about her way back in Scotch Sampler. I have most (but not all) of her albums. That song is from To Bring You My Love, which is a bit out-there and different for her. The song C'mon Billy also got some radio airplay (and sounds like a pretty normal folk ballad). Anyway, when I get up to the mid-90's in my favorites list, I'll cover her again.
Until recently I didn't really view these sampler threads. I started doing it earlier this year and have really enjoyed it. I should go back and read the first pages which I missed. This is the only song of hers I know or have heard. I will look at her others. I may not have got more from her because she was not played on the radio stations I listened to or I just missed it.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
This is the only song of hers I know or have heard. I will look at her others. I may not have got more from her because she was not played on the radio stations I listened to or I just missed it.
You are correct. Although she was/is big on the alt and indie stations, Down by the Water is the only song of hers that got played on mainstream radio.