In memorium

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Wow, that's really a shame, my condolences. I guess you don't always know what's going on in people's lives. That's a lot to deal with, I'm very sorry.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
The mortuary just emailed the working copy of my wife's death certificate and some paperwork for me to sign. The immediate cause of death: Congestive heart failure. Contributing factors: Arteriosclerotic heart disease, diabetes mellitus, morbid obesity. Other significant contributing factors: Arteriosclerotic cardiovascular disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, obstructive sleep apnea. In light of all those health problems, I guess I'm lucky to have been able to be with Teri for 21 years and seven months. She could have died many years sooner than she did. She will always remain in my heart until we meet again in heaven. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I met my (current) wife in 1996, just a little before you met your wife. My wife's mother and sister became widows 2 years ago, and her other married sister passed 12 years ago. So while I haven't experienced the loss of a partner, we've seen what it's been like for those closest to us. You have my sympathy and empathy.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Thank you, Mister scotch. Teri had excellent ideas for novels and short stories. She started several but completed only one. Reading it this morning brought me to tears. I posted it on her Facebook page and I want to post it here, too.

Aug 26 2012
Hopes and Wishes

Some people say she appears only at Christmas. In truth, she is always around. Maybe Christmas is the time of year when so many lights shine that it is the only time people take notice of her. She comes as an answer to those who need her. She answers a longing of the lost and hopeless. She survives for those who have a sincere desire to wish happiness on others, the loving father at the altar as he gives his daughter away, The long lost lovers miles apart searching the heavens for answers. The lonely girl looking for love.

She isn't an Angel, a Fairy or Sprite. She is a Twinkle. Her appearance is different each time she comes to help. She is invisible to most people or maybe people are just too wrapped up in their own lives to notice her. She can't blame people for not noticing her since many people speak with tears in their eyes as they make their innermost feelings known. The feelings that only she knows. In truth she figures most people who make those heartfelt wishes are so consumed with sadness that many can't really believe there is help available. Whatever the reasons are, she likes being tiny and small, no bigger than a tiny spark. She loves the work she gets to do as she helps so many people all around the world, from one end of the earth to the other. No matter what language, no matter how big or small, adult or toddler, if the words are spoken or just a simple thought. All people great and small have a need for love and happiness. Twinkle answers all from the simple to the complex.

So next time you look to the sky and think a special wish or you see the sparkle of water glistening and playfully throw a coin into a fountain, remember Twinkle is watching and working for you.

By Teri Thompson

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Very sorry 98.

People dying sucks.

Also, just to lighten the mood a bit, she was an 80's fox.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
"An '80s fox." She was indeed. Yesterday a family member sent me this poem. I cried when I read it – but I've been crying at almost everything for the past seven days. A friend of hers had received this poem from a friend after losing her daughter a few years ago. It's tear-inducing but it's also comforting. I'm posting it here in the hope it will bring comfort to others who have lost loved ones – which is probably all of us.

Remember Me

To the living, I am gone.
To the sorrowful, I will never return.
To the angry, I was cheated.
But to the happy, I am at peace.
And to the faithful, I have never left.
I cannot be seen but I can be heard.
So as you stand upon a shore, gazing at a beautiful sea, remember me.
As you look in awe at a mighty forest and its grand majesty, remember me.
As you look upon a flower and admire its simplicity, remember me.
Remember me in your heart, your thoughts, your memories of the times we loved, the times we cried, the times we fought, the times we laughed.
For if you always think of me, I will never be gone.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
"An '80s fox." She was indeed. Yesterday a family member sent me this poem. I cried when I read it – but I've been crying at almost everything for the past seven days. A friend of hers had received this poem from a friend after losing her daughter a few years ago. It's tear-inducing but it's also comforting. I'm posting it here in the hope it will bring comfort to others who have lost loved ones – which is probably all of us.

Remember Me

To the living, I am gone.
To the sorrowful, I will never return.
To the angry, I was cheated.
But to the happy, I am at peace.
And to the faithful, I have never left.
I cannot be seen but I can be heard.
So as you stand upon a shore, gazing at a beautiful sea, remember me.
As you look in awe at a mighty forest and its grand majesty, remember me.
As you look upon a flower and admire its simplicity, remember me.
Remember me in your heart, your thoughts, your memories of the times we loved, the times we cried, the times we fought, the times we laughed.
For if you always think of me, I will never be gone.

That's very beautiful.

I hope you are doing ok man. Thinking of you.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Thanks. I mostly cry a lot, kill time on message boards and manage to eat just enough to stay alive. I've lost 11 pounds in a week because I haven't had much appetite. Someday – I don't know when – the happy memories will be stronger than the pain and hurt.

• Sad
Reactions: JHDK

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Thanks. I mostly cry a lot, kill time on message boards and manage to eat just enough to stay alive. I've lost 11 pounds in a week because I haven't had much appetite. Someday – I don't know when – the happy memories will be stronger than the pain and hurt.
That's what message boards are for.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Hey, how ya doing 98? If there is anything we can do as a small community let me know.

I've been thinking about you and Teri a bunch.

Last edited:

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
I appreciate that. There is really nothing anyone can do for me. Getting over the hurt and pain will just take a lot of time. One of my wife's friends suggested holding a "celebration of life" service for her. Yeah, that's a brilliant idea during the coronavirus pandemic and the stay-at-home orders. Are we supposed to conduct the service via a videoconference on Zoom? I don't think so.

• Sad
Reactions: JHDK

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
The Zoom thing is actually a decent way to connect with friends that you haven't been able to see for a while. We had brunch with a friend last weekend, and it was good to catch up that way. But I'm with you in that I'm not sure if it would be very great for a celebration of life thing.