In memorium

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Today is my 291st day without Teri and I miss her more than ever. I also love her more than ever. I wonder if she knows that.

Here are two songs that make me cry every time I hear them. In Goodbye, Kenny Rogers sings, "I wanted you for life. I never thought there'd come a time that our story would end. It's not easy to say goodbye." In Drowning, Chris Young sings, "I know it's a part of life but I wasn't ready to say goodbye. You were taken way too soon. It ain't the same here without you. I gotta say missing you comes in waves – and tonight I'm drowning."

The Apostle Paul describes the day when the trumpet of God will sound and the dead in Christ will rise. Then "we who are alive" will join them to meet the Lord in the air and we will all "be with the Lord forever" (I Thessalonians 4:13-18). That is our hope.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
First entry: To my mother.

She was born in 1936 in Saskatchewan in the middle of the Great Depression. Her dad died when she was 2, her mom when she was 6. She was raised by her Babba (grandmother) on a farm in rural SK. It was a tough life but she persevered. She worked hard and worked her way through university where she graduated with a Bachelors degree in Home Economics. She met my dad and married in 1957. She worked as a social worker even after me and my sister was born so my dad could also complete is university (Engineering). She continued working various jobs until her Lupus put a stop to that. She was diagnosed with Lupus when she was pregnant with me. The doctor's told her she would not live past 40. She doubled down and then some on their prognosis having celebrated her 84th birthday this year. While the end has been predicted for many years and her cognative functions have been gone for all intents and purposes for some time, I am still deeply saddened by the loss. Heading to Saskatoon to help my dad with funeral arrangements and stuff on Thursday. I have 6 days off for work. My sister is already there. I had a lovely picture of her and my dad and the grandkids but it is too large for this forum software.

This was one year ago today. I expected today to be more emotional. It is strange that sometimes the milestones don't grab you like you thought but an ordinary day can set you back.

At any rate, I still miss you mom. RIP.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I expected today to be more emotional. It is strange that sometimes the milestones don't grab you like you thought

That's interesting. I had a similar experience w/my dad's 1 year. I was all prepared to be super sad, I had a Disney trip planned to combat the shitty feelings but when the day came it's wasn't nearly as bad as expected. You're so right that it's the random days that sneak up on you that are the real problem areas.

Anyway, sorry again for your loss and happy to hear the day wasn't too bad for you.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I can add to this. My older brother passed away 13 years ago, but earlier this month would've been his 65th birthday, and I just lost it that morning. I pulled up a picture from my last visit with him. I thought for a moment that it would be nice (especially for his kids) to post the pic on Facebook, but then I said fark-dat. I have too many friends who didn't know him; I don't need to hear their reactions.