Ios 10

Discussion in 'iOS, iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch' started by Aaron, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

All in all though... a much more pleasant experience with beta testing so far than I had the last time. I think DAB had fixed some of us up to beta test iOS 7 I believe.. That one was difficult
    Wolf likes this.
  2. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Oops, I mentioned my issue but that is just plain old iOS9. Forgot this was the iOS10 thread and you guys actually did the beta test.
  3. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Backing up my phone now. Here goes nothing!
  4. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Playing around with iOS 10 for a while now. Raise to wake is pretty cool, and I've deleted some default apps I don't use (Stocks, Voice Memos and Notes for instance since I have much better alternatives for those). Except when I downloaded it about 2 hours ago I had 100% battery life, it's now down to 81%.
    Wolf and Aaron like this.
  5. IdRatherBeSkiing

Does that mean with iOS10 you can delete the built in apps? I don't recall every being able to do that.
  6. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Basically yes. The actual 'data' doesn't go away in case you decide to reinstall. I'm keeping some of my most used default apps (Calendar, FaceTime, Podcasts, etc) but I've deleted Tips, Stocks, Voice Memos, Notes (Evernote does a MUCH better job on the last two) and Compass among a few others. That will be an option when the final version is out. That was one of the most advertised features when they first announced it.

I will say this also, the widget screen is a nice touch, and the new Apple Music UI is purdy!
    IdRatherBeSkiing likes this.
  7. IdRatherBeSkiing

I hate when they mess with music.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk
  8. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

I'm impressed with the music app so far, but I can't seem to find where to pull up the song lyrics, like I read somewhere that they were adding. I wonder if they activated that yet?
  9. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

I don't think they have. I heard something about it being included in Beta 2. There's a lot of things they haven't covered yet.
  10. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

One thing I also noticed is that all apps have 3D touch capability, even if it is just a 'Share' feature.
    Wolf likes this.
  11. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

I see reports of people on beta 2, but I'm still on 10.0

Same with you guys?
  12. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

13. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

After finding the article on wiki, now it confirms it. We are on beta 2, which was released to the public. Beta 1 was released to developers during the keynote. So beta 3 might be out next week? It looks like every two weeks we might get a new beta update.

iOS version history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It just makes it kinda confusing with the 10.0, it should really read something like 10.2?
    Aaron likes this.
  14. IdRatherBeSkiing

It will be 10.0 to the public. 10.0 may be all you ever see.
  15. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

No, 10.2 is iOS 10.2 (that'll be out in a few months), this is iOS 10.0 Beta 2, the settings wouldn't list the Beta 2 part. Only when you download it. And I haven't seen Beta 2 yet, I don't believe it's been officially announced.
  16. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

I'll say except for a few hiccups, iOS 10 has been trouble-free. This could be the most stable beta I've ever used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

I think what's happening is that developers are already on Beta 3, but public iOS 10 testers are still on the first one.
  18. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

That's my impression also. I remember hearing it would be available for public beta a few days after the developer beta is released, which I think is yesterday.
  19. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

The 2nd public beta is available. I'll wait until I get home to download on wifi.

Sent from my iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk
  20. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I'm downloading it now.