Ios 8.1

Discussion in 'iOS, iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch' started by MM, Oct 19, 2014.

1. MM

MM Administrator

Who's ready for tomorrow?

I'll be installing as soon as I get home......

Post your thoughts after you update.

Sent from my iPad Air
  2. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

I'm ready and I plan to try downloading it at work tomorrow..
  3. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

I just hope it's stable. The battery life on my iPad mini sucks for shit since the last update.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
  4. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I'm ready for it, specially looking forward towards the Apple Pay feature. If it not a big update, I can probably download it at work. If not, I'll wait when I get home tomorrow.
  5. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

6. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

The update is officially out now, but I can't download it because I need access to a wifi signal or my PC. The download for my iPhone 6 is 126MB, maybe I can try to download it at a public wifi spot for lunch or simply wait till I get home.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
  7. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

For as much as 8.0.2 is a drag, I'm going to wait a couple of days to hear if te glitches are cleared up, or if there are new ones to deal with.

Anybody DL this yet?
    Ehilbert1 likes this.
  8. Evil_Ernie

Evil_Ernie Smell my finger

In the process of downloading it now...only 118MB on a 5S
    HecticArt likes this.
  9. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

I'm with you. I haven't even downloaded the update for my iMac yet. Gonna wait a bit and see if their is any bugs.
  10. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Well I took the chance and download the new software during lunch. I was able to add a card to my apple pay, but haven't tried it out yet. So far couple of hours have gone by and I don't see any problems or battery drain yet. But I haven't really played with any of the new features yet, beside listening to music.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    HecticArt likes this.
  11. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Keep us posted fellas.
  12. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

I've got it installed.. So far so good. I added a credit card to the Apple Pay feature... Now I'd like to find a local retailer that will let me use it.
    Wolf likes this.
  13. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Ditto, the only local places I can do Apple Pay is McD's and Walgreens. I was trying go to McD's for lunch, but time ran out for me and had to head back to the office. One the way home, I did pass up a couple of Walgreens. But I really had no reason to step into one and buy anything. I'll probably try again tomorrow, I don't feel like going back out tonight.

I just notice Subway, takes Apple Pay maybe I'll stop there instead of McD's, plus I rather eat healthy.
  14. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

15. MM

MM Administrator

Installed here. It was a quick update done on my MBPr.

Added a CC, but haven't tried it.

Glad to have the camera roll back.

Sent from my iPad Air
  16. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

17. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

I've got Walgreens, McDonalds and Starbucks within blocks of here. Plenty of opportunities. I might consider it tomorrow for an Egg McMuffin for breakfast or something.
  18. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Is anyone else getting abundantly better battery life since 8.1? I'm at 12 hours unplugged and the battery life is at 84%.
  19. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

8.1 seems the same as 8.0. Same bugs. Equally flaky.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk
  20. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Yeah, Safari is still slower than it used to be, and my wifi at home keeps disconnecting and failing to reconnect.