Ios 9 Available For Download.........now!

Discussion in 'iOS, iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch' started by Jon, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

The upgrade from iPhone 5 will dramatically increase your battery life by itself. When I went from the 5S to the 6 Plus my battery life went from being dead at the end of work to being at about 80%.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    IdRatherBeSkiing likes this.
  2. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

I have noticed a slight improvement in my battery life over time. It was not immediate. Probably started after the first reboot.

I noticed that my alerts were extremely flaky. This for the most part has been fixed with iOS9.0.1. The volume decrease bug when receiving multiple alerts seems to have finally also have been corrected in iOS9.0.1.

One thing that seems to be different with iOS9+ is that hitting the home button seems to bring up Siri some of the time. I exit an app or try to exit a folder and Siri comes up. Most annoying. I think it is probably an adjustment for the 3D touch.
    HecticArt likes this.
  3. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I looked on the web for issues and complaints about the latest update, and didn't see very much listed. Sounds like you're doing ok with it.
    I'll probably update my iPad soon.
    Wolf likes this.
  4. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Omg when I updated all my devices I had no problems!

The update for my watch wasn't really anything new beside some dial faces and nightstand mode.
    HecticArt likes this.
  5. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Cool. Some of Apples previous updates seemed more like they were issued by Microsoft. If you know what I mean. ...

Sent from Tapatalk
    Wolf likes this.
  6. IdRatherBeSkiing

Have a friend whose iPhone stopped sending iMessages. Also kept flipping her to video messaging. She took it to Apple and they said it was iOS9. They told her it was the flakiest release yet. But they said a fix was available iOS9.0.2. That is available for download now and does contain fix for iMessage. She downloaded and it fixed her issue.

I find iOS9 more stable than iPOS8. A few minor glitches but overall pretty smooth. I guess I am lucky regarding the iMessage thing.
    HecticArt likes this.
  7. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Just installed it on my iPad.
    So cheap that the split screen isn't available for the iPad 4. So cheap.
    Lets hope it doesn't make my battery life any worse.
  8. IdRatherBeSkiing

Discovered that automatic iCloud backups when powered and on wifi seem to be no longer happening. Got a snide message today that my iphone has not been backed up in 2 weeks and describing the alleged conditions it should happen.
  9. IdRatherBeSkiing

Also is trying to force me to iOS9.1. Since it wipes out the playlist position when upgrading, fat chance of that but constant popups about it are damn annoying.
  10. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I downloaded it and so far no issues, I also updated the software for my apple watch and it did fix the glitch for the activity feature.
  11. IdRatherBeSkiing

This is still an issue even with 9.1. I have to remember to do manual backups or they just don't happen even though everything is set to do it automatically.
  12. Evil_Ernie

Evil_Ernie Smell my finger

13. IdRatherBeSkiing

14. Evil_Ernie

Evil_Ernie Smell my finger

The apps should be restored as they are tied to the email address you use in iTunes.

Hopefully the issue gets fixed for you in a future update, but it seems that you will need to keep doing backups manually until then.

Wish I could have helped more.
  15. IdRatherBeSkiing

Not sure what happened, but just checked and it seems to be working again auto-magically. Very strange.
    Evil_Ernie and HecticArt like this.
  16. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

iOS 9.2 now available..
    HecticArt likes this.
  17. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

It looks like a lot of little bug fixes.
    Most of theme aren't crucial for me. I'll wait till next week.

Thanks Aa.
  18. IdRatherBeSkiing

I have noticed that most of my issues (haven't checked the shuffle issue) seem to be not present on my new iPhone. My only conclusion is that they spend all their testing on current phones and less on older phones. And even less on fixing bugs for older phones. So as your phone ages, the iOS will get buggier.
  19. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I think that's safe to assume. The Mrs had an iPad 2 that kept getting a little more quirky after each update. I just got her an Air for Christmas, and it's working great.
    I think it's a combination of programming to get the most out of the new hardware and a bit of planned obsolescence.