IOS App Issues

sjam613

Oct 5, 2012
New Milford, CT
Day 2 of the iOS app being a mess. I really don't want to be a complainer but for the price of their service there sure are a lot of issues. Have a bunch of downloaded shows that are just sitting there until they fix it.

Other streaming options out there don't seem to have close of the issues as the Sirius/XM app.

Kevin2500

Nov 12, 2008
clinton ohio
I have the ue smart radio player and i'm not getting the best of xm package even though i get them on the android and web player. This is a mess.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Everything is back to normal for me now. Been a mess for the last 24 hours or so. Amazing that my Lynx did not encounter these problems!

My gut feeling is that this is due to 2 reasons that could be causing conflicts:

1) The Holiday Category was not taken off on Tuesday- in fact MySXM is still working for Holly & Holiday Traditions!

2) SXM is possibly in the process of moving some channels from Online Only to Satellite (for newer radios)
http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/siriusxm-music/21337-sxm-2-0-xtra-channels.html#post358930

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Everything is back to normal for me now. Been a mess for the last 24 hours or so. Amazing that my Lynx did not encounter these problems!

My gut feeling is that this is due to 2 reasons that could be causing conflicts:

1) The Holiday Category was not taken off on Tuesday- in fact MySXM is still working for Holly & Holiday Traditions!

2) SXM is possibly in the process of moving some channels from Online Only to Satellite (for newer radios)
http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/siriusxm-music/21337-sxm-2-0-xtra-channels.html#post358930

I seem to remember something similar happening earlier, or maybe I'm confusing this with something else.

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
The Android App has been weird too.

Its been kicking me off stating "Service Not Available Temporarily" or something similar and then its been forcing me to re-enter my user name and password each time I logon.

It wouldnt let me select channels for the better part of the last few days. All I could access were my favorites.

Also, anytime the mobile connection changes from 3G to 4G LTE or vice versa, the connection drops and doesn't restart.

The connection also randomly drops, even on 20 MB Down/5 MB Up Wifi connection for no reason at all, especially on Howard 100. I cant stay connected on that channel if I try.

This app has been flawed for so long that once my year subscription is up in October, I am not renewing. Its not worth $4 a month x2 for an App that is this terrible.

Its obvious that the Sirius|XM App is full of junk code, just like the healthcare.gov website. It needs to be redone completely with all new code and the ability to handle millions of people tuning in for Howard all at once.

There are so many other options out there for music. Pandora and Slacker can easily fulfill my needs. I am about done with Sirius. This app and the price increase have driven me over the edge.

Come October, I will only have 1 active radio in the Onyx Plus. My 2 Vehicle Subs and 2 internet accounts are going bye bye and the emails to come back will be right around the bend after that.

Last edited: