Ipad Pro 9.7" Model

Discussion in 'iOS, iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch' started by Jon, May 4, 2016.

1. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

I'm (_) <----this close to getting one on AT&T Next this payday for an extra 40-something a month. I'm interested to see if it is an actual laptop or desktop replacement, and wanting to see how useful it would be for work and (maybe?) school, plus media consumption like Netflix and Amazon Prime. The 12.9" is just WAY too gigantic for a 'portable' device, and the 9.7" comes a little more loaded with stuff than the original. I may do an in-store pickup on Friday once it's ordered, maybe an Apple Pencil along with it?

Reviews soon after.
  2. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

Go for it!
  3. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I want the big one, but I haven't been able to justify the cost. My iPad Air 2 is still great. I use it all the time. Using it right now in fact.
  4. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

I have the 1st Gen iPad Mini so this would be a significant improvement. I'm not entirely convinced that it would replace a laptop but I imagine I could do a lot more with it than my old one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

On second thought, it might have to wait until next month. I'll still post a review when it happens.
  6. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I keep thinking about a Surface Pro.......but look at the price, and think I'll wait a bit longer.
  7. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Drop those pesky expenses like food and shelter and go for it.
  8. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Maybe next month! :D
  9. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Glad I waited as I got a 256 GB iPad Pro (Silver, Wifi) for my birthday today. The 9.7" model. Nice! Typing on it right now.
    HecticArt and memebag like this.
  10. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

11. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

This thing is stupid fast when it comes to opening and closing programs, and multitasking. This will make a nice little laptop replacement until I decide to get into an iMac desktop or something (not for a while).
    HecticArt likes this.
  12. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Cool.

I saw this morning that the new iOS beta finally has a file browser.
    Soooooo looking forward to that!
    It's been one of my biggest issues with Apple.
  13. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

I heard that too, that will be nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  14. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I don't ever want to see what an iOS file system looks like. I imagine it will be like turning over an old log and finding maggot infested corpses. How could it be anything else after being hidden for so long?
    HecticArt likes this.
  15. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I don't care to see the guts. I just want to be able to do my own file organization.