iPad-smipad, here comes Epad.

TOM C.

Oct 25, 2008
Charleston SC
I've been watching these for a couple weeks on ebay and you can win one for around $175-$200, is that overpriced just for the fun of it, and people thinking you have a $600 iPad.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3thgFZli0A]YouTube - First Look at the 1 GHz Cortex A8 Android 2.1 Zinithink ePad[/ame]

Reactions: semipenguin

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Those tablet devices remind me of the large deck of cards they use in game shows :right:

If a netbook costs around $299, I would think a tablet pc should cost less then $250 :)

TOM C.

Oct 25, 2008
Charleston SC
Had to take wife to Ohio, Christmas to new years, Picked up at post office 1-3-11, Will try to get some pics together, learning android for the first time and the app way of getting around. Having fun playing Angry Birds, let me know if there is something specific anyone is interested in me checking, I am hindered in using it to its full potential right away because I have never had a smart phone of any kind and have to learn as I go.

TOM C.

Oct 25, 2008
Charleston SC
will try posting a few pics,let me know if anyone cares.

001.jpg

004.jpg

007.jpg

013.jpg

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I tried my wife's stepmother's iPad over the holidays. I don't get it. The touchscreen keyboard sucks and there was no USB port.

Does Apple just say, "I wonder which feature we can leave off and still have people buy this stuff"? :confused: :rolleyes:

TOM C.

Oct 25, 2008
Charleston SC
I tried my wife's stepmother's iPad over the holidays. I don't get it. The touchscreen keyboard sucks and there was no USB port.

Does Apple just say, "I wonder which feature we can leave off and still have people buy this stuff"? :confused: :rolleyes:

the E-Pad:rolleyes: has reg and mini usb, the usb keybeard you see in the photos works well, but mostly I just hold the tablet and hunt and pick the on-screen key board. I am sure that good fast typers would hate the on-screen, but the $25bucks for the usb keyboard and case is worth it, full key board.

Quick up=date I am really enjoying this thing. I have no fear of screwing up to bad, I have learned to re-flash, this thing is just a extra toy that I dont need to worry about, not my phone, not my desk top, and not my laptop. I have dove into rooting it lately, I would be real scared to do to my phone, lot of iffy unstable stuff around. With a $10mini sd card, $175 for the tablet and $25 for the case I do NOT regret it one bit. I do recommend to people that are into gadgets, or android users.I have nothing important on the tablet and all the apps you need are free.

TOM C.

Oct 25, 2008
Charleston SC
typing this on the pad while laying in bed. having a lot of fun. using more than my laptop. had fun screwing around with it on the couch while watching the games yesterday. I haven't fount much icant do with this china knock off, and I have a 32 g micro sd card coming.

TOM C.

Oct 25, 2008
Charleston SC
How's the ePad going?
NOT GOOD

turned into a SLOW buggy piece of crap, the plug/charging hole got so bad I had to hold it just so to charge, batt. life was sub 2 hours. Then I dropped it once and the screen shattered, I did not care.
Just got my new (to me) 32g iPad yesterday, Damn Apple knows stable software and cool hardware. Still don't like the music side of iTunes. LOVE APPS AND APP STORE.

p.s.- Jailbreak- yes or no

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Hehehe. The iPad does clobber the competition.

I have no desire to jailbreak mine. It does everything I want for now.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I wouldn't. Jailbreaking generally kills the battery life.