Iphone 4S Case?

Discussion in 'iOS, iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch' started by TX WJ, Dec 4, 2011.

1. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

What is the best case for the Iphone 4S?

I had a otterbox for my last iphone.

Want somethng to protect it if it gets dropped, any other good cases out there not as bulky?
  2. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

I use the Otterbox Commuter case. It's not as bulky as the Defender.

Also, check out Seidio. They make some really nice stuff. I used their cases on my Blackberry. www.seidio-online.com
  3. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I use the Otterbox Commuter too and it good protection without all the bulk. If you are really hard on a phone though the Defender on the iPhone 4 or 4S isn't nearly as bulky as it was on the 3G or 3GS. It is what my son uses.

I also use the Otterbox commuter on my iPod Touch 4G.
  4. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

I assume you could use any case for iPhone4 on the 4S?
  5. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Definitely, the 4 and 4S are the exact same size and shape.
  6. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I would like to find some kind of case and holster built together for my 4S, I just don't want to buy the otterbox, because it is too bulky looking. I just own a plastic hard case that snaps onto my iPhone, that slips into a holster case.
  7. Biaviian

Biaviian Well-Known Member

From what I was seeing when researching cases is that the white and the black are different. Some case manufactures had different cases and some did not. They said that the difference was very minimal but it was enough to cause them to make a slightly different case.

I am partial to the Seidio cases. I love the SURFACE case but it annoys me that they spell SURFACE in all caps. I tried the active-X and didn't like it because I couldn't use a screen protector with it.
  8. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

I have a Roots case with a Roots belt clip for mine. It was an Xmas gift from my daughter. Works good. I just slip the phone in the clip if I need it on my belt. Else it goes in my pocket.
  9. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

Thanks for the replies.

I am not big on belt clips since I forget I have them on and break them when I get in the car (in and out of the car all day). From what I understand the Verizon 4S case is a bit different, something to do with the volume buttons??

Still waiting on my phone.

Digging gingerbread on my Charge with the broken screen.
  10. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

I will probably end up going with a slim case... I'm just stubborn enough to go two years without dropping this phone. :cool:

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
  11. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

I used to be that way then I switched to a job that has me in and out of a car 7-9 times a day, add in a 6 and 1.5 year old and drops of the phone will happen.

If Apple care covered the phone I would be all in, even at $49 per occurrence I am thinking about it.
  12. MM

MM Administrator

I use the black elago case from Amazon. It just covers and protects the back of the phone from scratches. It's only $10. I have recommended them to many people.

I use the anti glare screen protector from the Apple store. I like it much better than the crap I got from Verizon. They are $15 for two, but well worth it.

I know if I drop my phone I'm screwed. I'm just careful.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
  13. beaniemac

beaniemac Well-Known Member

I'm using a bumper. not an apple bumper, but some bumper I bought off amazon for like $1.50. it does the job, and I even dropped the phone once, and the bumper protected it just fine. I like how you can see the phone while its in its case with the bumper.

I also ordered a brushed steel back to replace the glass on the back. that should arrive today.
  14. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

I got my Otterbox from Amazon, it is smaller than the one I had for my #3S.
  15. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

When I get it I'll be using a car cradle that a case would have to fit into, but also be rugged enough to withstand the bumps and scratches that could result from adding and removing to cradles and docks and such. And I have dropped my 3GS on a few occasions, so I'll be carrying around a holster or something similar that can do the job.
  16. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

It really depends on how rough one is with their phone. Those cheap cases like that wouldn't last me nor would they give me the protection I need. I don't' want to have to be careful or worry about my phone. So, I buy a case that will protect it yet, not be totally bulky. The companies that do testing to see what kind of real time protection they give don't sell $1.50 cases.
  17. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

Old thread LOL - I have the iPhone 4 that my girlfriends daughter gave me a year ago.
    (Upgraded from BlackBerry :celebrate1:) Cases for iphone4's are dirt cheap on Amazon now. Got a Steelers and Reds for $2.99 each.
    HecticArt likes this.