Iphone 6 / 6 Plus

Discussion in 'iOS, iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch' started by Aaron, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

Anyone waiting in line for the iPhone 6 or 6 Plus? Mine is scheduled for delivery this afternoon. There will be pictures!

Report back here anyone getting a new phone...
  2. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

iPhone 6 is here. Much bigger screen than the 4S, but incredibly thin device. I'll report more later..
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411166391.418210.jpg
    Wolf and HecticArt like this.
  3. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

4. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

Now that I've been able to use the phone, my main reaction is that I love the screen size.
    I picked up my old 4S and wow it seems so small by comparison.

If you have an extra hundred bucks to spend, buying the 64GB instead of the 16GB wouldn't be a bad move.

I never got a case for my 4S in the three years I had it.
    I may need one with this phone. It feels more slippery in hand.

This phone is fast. Everything seems to open much quicker... web pages, apps, etc.
    Wolf and HecticArt like this.
  5. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

6. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

The plus is definitely not as big as I pictured it. The thinness makes it look smaller than it is, but the screen size eclipses my 5S by a lot. That's what I'm shooting for, that and upgraded camera and better battery life.
  7. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

For the fun of it, I checked out a few stores today, if they by chance had any more iPhone 6 in stock. Most stores in Phoenix, still have plenty of the gold iPhone 6 in stock, but I am not interested in that one. But my local AT&T store, said they should get a shipment in next Friday and I can pre-order one now. So that what I did and next Friday I could possibly receive my iPhone 6? I order, the iPhone 6 64 GB space gray.
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
    Aaron likes this.
  8. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

My pre-order still says 3 or 4 weeks. October 13 is the first possible delivery date. Since there are zero iPhone 6 pluses available locally I'll just wait until then.
  9. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

10. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I found this on 9to5mac.com, which shows the best case covers for the iPhone 6 and 6+.

I have a Speck CandyShell case for my 5 right now, but I'm looking into upgrade a better case.

iPhone 6/Plus case roundup: Best cases at the best price | 9to5Mac

When I get my 6 hopefully this week, I will need a case soon and so far I kinda like the look of this one. It normally cost $40, but it on sale for $13.99.

Amazon.com: iPhone 6 Case, SUPCASE [Heavy Duty] Apple iPhone 6 Case 4.7 inch [Water Resist, Dust and Shock Proof] Full-body Rugged Hybrid Protective Case with Built-in Screen Protector, 3 Changeable Cover (Gun Metal/Silver/Gold), Dual Layer Design + Impact Resistant Bumper: Cell Phones & Accessories

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  11. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

12. Andrew8468

Andrew8468 Plans on freezing in the dark

Lots of gold? The gold one was hardest to find when the iPhone 5S came out.
  13. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

Heavy day of usage today with the iPhone 6.. started the day with 100% battery, now down to 52%.
    I can totally live with that. With my old phone, I would have charged it an additional 20% on the way home from work and still been much closer to empty.

Also, ran a speed test on it.
    Download speeds on LTE were between 18 and 26 Mbps.
    The old phone was getting me around 4 Mbps on 3G. :eek:
    HecticArt likes this.
  14. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

That's one thing I'm DEFINITELY looking forward to is the better battery life. It's 18 days until my phone ships. Yes I'm counting.
  15. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

16. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

17. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

I'm getting a holster for mine. I wasn't planning on pocketing it anyway but that just confirms that.
  18. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

They finally took the money out of my bank account for the phone so it won't be long now.
  19. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Now it says 'Preparing for Shipment' so it could be any day now. :cool:
  20. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

I was really considering the Plus but not so much now. I have to put my phone in my pocket. Certain cases and holsters won't work for me being in a sitting position all day. I'm sure as hell not getting a fanny pack. :D

I still want to compare it to the Note 4. These phones are way to expensive to not get all the info you can on them.