Iphone 7

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
the anticipation is always fun. ill check the tracking info repeatedly like a crazy person when im waiting for something cool.

I'm doing the same thing, it arrived in the valley early Saturday morning. So I thought cool, maybe they will deliver it today. Nope sitting in the damn sorting facility all day and still set for a Monday delivery.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Finally my iPhone 7 Plus is here!

16m166d.jpg

33ljo5g.jpg

Reactions: JHDK

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
It been couple of hours and finally all the apps have been downloaded now. The Plus is bigger, but to me it doesn't feel much different then the 4.7" screen. I haven't played with the duel camera yet and I totally have to get use to this 3D touch feeling. I'm having a hard time deleting and moving apps now. The new home button does feel different, no more pushing down and the taptic engine does fill pretty cool.

Tomorrow I will play with the new headphone lightning jack, it does look weird not seeing that 3.5m jack anymore, but I can get use to it. I can see the sorry part of not charging the phone, while I'm using the lightning headphone jack. To bad they don't have a duel lightning cord for charging and listening to music at the same time. But I do plan on buying some kind of bluetooth headphones soon to free up that part, probably this Friday when I get paid and plus there is a Fry's Electronics not far from my job.

I'll give more of a review later of whatever else I discover.

Last edited:
Reactions: JHDK

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Today, I played with couple of the features. I finally understood the 3D touch a bit better now and I'm finally able to delete and moved apps around.

Originally, I thought the new lightning headphone jack wouldn't been a problem. But listen to music and couldn't be able to charge my phone was a pain in the ass today. But the battery life did pretty great today. I listen to music for about 5-6 hour today and probably played with a few apps and the end of the day, the battery life ended at 75%. But when I got home and I had to make couple of phones calls, the battery life went down to 60% for about an hour.

So I'll probably have these problems for the rest of the week, until I can find a good bluetooth headphones.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I'd like the Jet Black phone. I'll probably get the iPhone 7 when I switch to Verizon since AT&T is starting to stink it up reception-wise around here.

I still don't use the voice stuff. I really should.

I use Siri more than I thought I would. Check weather, get directions, find my parked car at the mall, cue up a song on Apple Music. Way more useful than it's ever been.

Reactions: HecticArt

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I may get the iPhone SE on Verizon. The 6S Plus I have now is a bit much. I can't see any use for a thinner phone than the one I already have.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
The best thing about thin phones is that when they are in a case, they don't get too bulky.
I took my Note 4 out of the case the other day and was amazed how thin it is.
Was tempted to keep it out of the case, but remembered that it's still in good shape after all of this time because of the case.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
The best thing about thin phones is that when they are in a case, they don't get too bulky.
I took my Note 4 out of the case the other day and was amazed how thin it is.
Was tempted to keep it out of the case, but remembered that it's still in good shape after all of this time because of the case.
But I'm guessing it still has a headphone jack.