iPhone coming to Verizon in January

yippeekyaa

Oct 21, 2008
I can see Uranus from here
MM, just a suggestion from a package delivery driver. On the note put your address, tracking number for the pkg, print and sign your name. If it is indirect signature, that information on the note is usually enough to get the driver to leave it. Worried about thieves taking it? Put a small cooler near the door and tell the driver to put it in the cooler. BTW, FedEx, ups or USPS?

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
MM, just a suggestion from a package delivery driver. On the note put your address, tracking number for the pkg, print and sign your name. If it is indirect signature, that information on the note is usually enough to get the driver to leave it. Worried about thieves taking it? Put a small cooler near the door and tell the driver to put it in the cooler. BTW, FedEx, ups or USPS?

Thanks for the tips. I plan on printing the tracking page from UPS.com, then writing a note with the same info and then doing everything you suggested.

The box is small and it should fit in my door.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
I would consider it once I start working again. But what I really want is a 64GB iPhone. I already have around 30 GB of music and radio shows in my iTunes so I wouldn't want to risk running out of space. :jj:

Derek

Nov 10, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
Mine should be here tomorrow by 3pm. I plan on leaving a note on my door. I hope they leave it.

I got a case from Verizon yesterday, too. I am going to take it back because it is a 2 piece case. It was a Griffin snap on hard cover. Not what I want. I want a one piece.

I did get some screen protectors though. I use them on my BB Storm and I had no issues.

Who else is ready?

Still waiting. FedEx tracking said it was sorted through my local facility at 3:28 this morning. Working at home today so I don't miss it. Well, I'm working until it arrives then I'm probably not getting anything done afterward.

EDIT: Just arrived!

Last edited:

Derek

Nov 10, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
I have played around a little bit with mine...getting used to it hasn't been that bad since my wife has had her iPad since June, and the interface is somewhat similar.

This is the first smart phone and first touch phone I've had. Enjoying it thus far :clap:

Reactions: Aaron

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I'm still debating whether to get this version on Verizon or wait for the iPhone 5/4G LTE model in June, possibly. I'm off contract with AT&T so it won't hurt there.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I'm still debating whether to get this version on Verizon or wait for the iPhone 5/4G LTE model in June, possibly. I'm off contract with AT&T so it won't hurt there.

At this point I would wait. The iPhone5 looks like a sweet device (if rumours can be believed).

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California

Odds are that the next iPhone will not be LTE/4G/HSPA+ capable. All the rumors I have read indicate that they will only be making the switch to the new baseband chip found in the Verizon phones which supports both CDMA and GSM. You're most likely looking at June 2012 before a "4G" capable iphone is available. Of course internet rumors are quite often meaningless...

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Odds are that the next iPhone will not be LTE/4G/HSPA+ capable. All the rumors I have read indicate that they will only be making the switch to the new baseband chip found in the Verizon phones which supports both CDMA and GSM. You're most likely looking at June 2012 before a "4G" capable iphone is available. Of course internet rumors are quite often meaningless...

I believe the iPhone 5 will be a 4G phone, all the carriers are converting over to 4G and pretty much all the new phones coming out are working on the 4G network. To me that would make more sense, but if the new iPhone 5 is another 3G phone. I'm converting over to android phones.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
I believe the iPhone 5 will be a 4G phone, all the carriers are converting over to 4G and pretty much all the new phones coming out are working on the 4G network. To me that would make more sense, but if the new iPhone 5 is another 3G phone. I'm converting over to android phones.

It's possible, but you never know. It takes a lot of work to properly make such an upgrade to a phone, especially now that they have to deal with more than just ATT's "4G" network. I've got another 16-17 months on my current contract so I'm going to ride it out. I figure that when it ends in July 2012 "4G" will be the standard and I'll have a killer crop of phones to choose from.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
It's possible, but you never know. It takes a lot of work to properly make such an upgrade to a phone, especially now that they have to deal with more than just ATT's "4G" network. I've got another 16-17 months on my current contract so I'm going to ride it out. I figure that when it ends in July 2012 "4G" will be the standard and I'll have a killer crop of phones to choose from.

True, my contract ends in May with AT&T. I haven't decided to stick with them or jump over to Verizon. I heard some rumors, but I don't know if it will be true that the new iPhone for the Verizon network will probably clog up their network and AT&T network will free up some more? So I really don't know which carrier to choose from, plus who will have the better phone plan?

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
How's the AT+T service in your area? Any friends on VZW?

The AT&T service is anywhere between lousy and very good. In the hospital I volunteer at I'm lucky to get GPRS. Several people on Verizon have had 4 bars in the same area, I also have relatives on Verizon who like it. In my neighborhood in the 'burbs and downtown I get 3-5 bars on 3G on AT&T.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008

It makes more sense that it would be because the Android phones are 4G. Not having 4G on the iPhone 4 is just a trial period thing to see how it would sell without it, IMO (and it's selling quite well). With 4G it would do even better, especially considering Verizon already has 4G service in my area, which is rare for any company. And they're the only ones outside of maybe T-Mobile.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
It makes more sense that it would be because the Android phones are 4G. Not having 4G on the iPhone 4 is just a trial period thing to see how it would sell without it, IMO (and it's selling quite well). With 4G it would do even better, especially considering Verizon already has 4G service in my area, which is rare for any company. And they're the only ones outside of maybe T-Mobile.

It will also intice people to upgrade in June who may not jump on now.

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
After pacing around my house last night and checking the status at UPS all day, I finally got my phone last night.

It's as awesome as I expected. Loving it so far.

Reactions: IdRatherBeSkiing