Iphone X To Cost Over $1,000

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Casual Fan, Feb 10, 2017.

1. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Never look at that stuff. You don't really want to know.

You also never want to see how much they are charging for the same phone or computer 3 months after you just bought yours.

Nothing good can come from it.

2. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

You can always just build your own if that seems like too much mark up.

3. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

My hands are too big.

4. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

5. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I bet his penis looks even smaller

Wolf likes this.
  6. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

It seems like completely useless information to me. Firstly, they have absolutely no idea how much it costs Apple to bulk purchase the parts in the quantities they do. Secondly, how about labor? Shipping? Marketing? Facilities costs? Taxes? Engineering? Development?

It's all so silly.

HecticArt likes this.
  7. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

From a distance.

Agreed.

semipenguin likes this.
  8. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

Wolf... I don't know about you, but I'm liking this iPhone X even more NOW than when I first got it.
    It feels like a high performance machine, and it didn't take long to get used to all the new stuff.
    I feel like I've got the world's best phone. (And I wouldn't blame Android users for feeling the same way - I don't want to start a debate on the subject).

When I see all the iPhones that aren't X's... I think about all the wasted space we used to live with... those bezels. lol

JHDK, Wolf and HecticArt like this.
  9. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

I like my brand new iPhone 6S I got as warrentee replacement. Everything I want. And it has a home button.

JHDK and Wolf like this.
  10. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

That cool, I really enjoy my iPhone X as well. When I first held it in my hands, it felt so small compared to the iPhone Plus phones. But finally, they got rid of all that wasted space around the screen.

It took me a couple of weeks, to finally get hang of everything. Like I kept pushing where the home button used to be and now the control panel is accessible from the top right-hand corner and notifications is on the top left-hand corner.

I just have a couple of issues. The auto-brightness was annoying it kept dimming on its own. But I saw you can turn that feature off. But it does give a warning. "Turning off auto-brightness may affect battery life and long-term display performance." But I don't want to destroy the life of my phone. So I'm getting used to having a dimmer screen now.

When I watch a video, like off YouTube the notch feels like takes away from the screen a bit. Too bad the left side can't move over to the right a bit to have an all black side. But those are my nitpicky. But still it still a fantastic phone.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    JHDK and Aaron like this.
  11. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

12. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Don't these people have the internet?

13. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Dumbass, the grinch that tried to steal xmas.

JHDK likes this.
  14. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

Wolf there's this cool app called Rainbrow that you control the character by moving your eyebrows. Crazy stuff.

Wolf likes this.
  15. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I just downloaded it and damn a major workout for your eyebrows. It's like playing Frogger, pretty cool find!

I need to start to find some of these AR apps.

Aaron likes this.
  16. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

AR is cool. Vita and 3ds had it but it wasn't done all that well. I imagine Apple will probably do it well. Microsoft is supposed to me making an AR headset like Oculus but for AR instead of VR and that seems way cooler than traditional VR to me. You get the awesome virtual experience but don't have to be completely blinded to the rest of the world while using it. Only problem is they have been talking about the dumb thing for years and it's yet to hit the market.

And he's wearing the most obvious camo pants. Not the smartest UPS thief in the world.

17. geosync

geosync Well-Known Member

iphone x is so coooool. I have a 7 so i'll wait for the next iteration in september. I did handle a couple flip phones as the wife was testing the pixel last week. I miss my flipper!! They're way sturdier. The web works ok, the real loser is texting. Cheaper though. I'm thinking of going back to the old school, cuz

Aaron likes this.
  18. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

19. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

20. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra