Is Howard on his Holiday vacation now?

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Howard's been on vacation for some time now. The Holiday's just make it more convenient.

yeah, yeah, yeah... we know. Save the keystrokes.

At least it's a "new" special and not something like "Best of the Year" or master tapes that were played 1-2 years ago or whatever.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
yeah, yeah, yeah... we know. If you don't like something, why post in that forum?

At least it's a "new" special and not something like "Best of the Year" or master tapes that were played 1-2 years ago or whatever.

Because it's fun to bitch! and lately Howard has been giving us a lot to bitch about. (ever since Artie was fired really)

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Because it's fun to bitch! and lately Howard has been giving us a lot to bitch about. (ever since Artie was fired really)

Eh, true. It's always easier to point out the negatives over the positives. Even if you analyze the path of the show since the start of SiriusXM, I think we all weren't expecting anything since 2010. The way the management (supposedly) mistreated Howard and Bubba hurt things...and who wants to work with crappy management? The only downside is that Howard is contractually obligated to show up X number of days.

---------------

In a perfect dream world, if he had an "I could pay X money and buy myself out of my contract" a podcast might be a suitable option. He could upload every show since 1980-whenever, including the vacation days. As far as working, he could do his own hours on whatever schedule he wanted.

If I'm Howard, 8am to noon or even 9-1 three days a week podcast sounds about right. No more bosses at all, get to go out late with Beth, no more 4 AM alarm clocks, etc.

Keep the other shows from Howard 101 on the podcast site under my own brand.

Do that for one or MAAAYBE two years and then be done.

I know it would be way the hell too much work, but it would be fun for the listeners.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
yeah, yeah, yeah... we know. Save the keystrokes.

I don't bitch about Howard. I'm not obsessed with him. I just stopped listening because he wasn't doing it for me anymore.

And do you really want me to save the keystrokes? This place is a ghost town.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Eh, true. It's always easier to point out the negatives over the positives. Even if you analyze the path of the show since the start of SiriusXM, I think we all weren't expecting anything since 2010. The way the management (supposedly) mistreated Howard and Bubba hurt things...and who wants to work with crappy management? The only downside is that Howard is contractually obligated to show up X number of days.

---------------

In a perfect dream world, if he had an "I could pay X money and buy myself out of my contract" a podcast might be a suitable option. He could upload every show since 1980-whenever, including the vacation days. As far as working, he could do his own hours on whatever schedule he wanted.

If I'm Howard, 8am to noon or even 9-1 three days a week podcast sounds about right. No more bosses at all, get to go out late with Beth, no more 4 AM alarm clocks, etc.

Keep the other shows from Howard 101 on the podcast site under my own brand.

Do that for one or MAAAYBE two years and then be done.

I know it would be way the hell too much work, but it would be fun for the listeners.

Random thoughts. Howard got into fights with NBC and KROK as well as Sirius. No management is satisfactory to him. Sirius never says a negative word about Howard. I would love to hear their side of things on all of his bitches. They had to fight him on his reading of the first contract. They were struggling to pay their note. Where were they going to get $300,000,000 for Howard? As for getting up at 4AM... why not get up at 5:30? Lots of people who work 8 hour days 7 days a week do that for 30 or 40 years. He lives very close to the studio. If he is worried about his hair and face, he can wear his baseball cap, sunglasses and his ridiculous unshaven look. As for podcasts, does anyone make $20,000,000 a year from that? Who's going to pay Robin and Fred and the rest of the staff?

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
The least he could have done was a string of A list guests. Gotta remember that was the Stern that cared. The Billy Joel day was a nice send off last year (or the year before that). I'll have to remember to keep low expectations for a guy the sharp downside of his weekly efforts and in the twilight of his satrad career.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
The least he could have done was a string of A list guests. Gotta remember that was the Stern that cared. The Billy Joel day was a nice send off last year (or the year before that). I'll have to remember to keep low expectations for a guy the sharp downside of his weekly efforts and in the twilight of his satrad career.

Some sort of cliffhanger would have been nice. I'm sure that would have meant the "it's fake" people would have been in full force though.

chewypgh

Jan 31, 2009
I heard a Howard 100 News Break say that the show will be back on Jan 2nd (Wednesday). They will be live Wednesday, Thursday and Friday that week and then back to the usual Monday - Wednesday the following week.

The Butler

Oct 14, 2008
Canton-Massillon, Ohio
I heard a Howard 100 News Break say that the show will be back on Jan 2nd (Wednesday). They will be live Wednesday, Thursday and Friday that week and then back to the usual Monday - Wednesday the following week.

He must need a few extra Mondays when he travels for AGT or the day after live shows. Might be the first Friday show since 2006.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
He must need a few extra Mondays when he travels for AGT or the day after live shows. Might be the first Friday show since 2006.

And you know he'll both bitch incessantly and then claim how hard he work and how much he cares about the listeners. He kind enough to work Thursday and Friday, the wonderful Howard Stern

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
He probably doesn't have enough vacation days for 2012 or he's contractually obligated. To not take more than 2 wks off in a row? I'm sure it's not a sinister plot. I'm just happy he'll be live. I go back to work on the 3rd

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
He probably doesn't have enough vacation days for 2012

secret.gif
Jan 2nd is in 2013.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
secret.gif
Jan 2nd is in 2013.

I know. I was thinking (probably mistakenly) that it was like where I work we can use previous yrs vacation until March the next year I believe. It's probably not the reason, I'm just spit balling here. My second guess seems more likely.