Is it a certainty that Pop2K is leaving Sirius radios?

Bandit 5160

Oct 31, 2008
If so, I think this is a mistake. It's good they are bringing back Backspin and The Strobe, but this would be the wrong channel to axe. Pop2K is not like Hits 1...it has a larger playlist and plays music from earlier this decade that is not played on other channels. They need to axe E-Street Radio or the Greatful Dead Channel instead (or both)...I'm sure that these channels have fewer listeners than Pop 2K does. Maybe I can convince Siriu-XM to leave Pop 2K alone...the same way they were convinced to bring back Strobe and Backspin. I want these channels back, but not at the cost of another popular channel.

flguy

Nov 15, 2008
Gainesville, FL
If so, I think this is a mistake. It's good they are bringing back Backspin and The Strobe, but this would be the wrong channel to axe. Pop2K is not like Hits 1...it has a larger playlist and plays music from earlier this decade that is not played on other channels. They need to axe E-Street Radio or the Greatful Dead Channel instead (or both)...I'm sure that these channels have fewer listeners than Pop 2K does. Maybe I can convince Siriu-XM to leave Pop 2K alone...the same way they were convinced to bring back Strobe and Backspin. I want these channels back, but not at the cost of another popular channel.

Where did you hear that Pop2k would be axed for The Strobe and Backspin?

In my opinion they would be much better served to get rid of channels like the Broadway Channel, 40's Channel, and Cinemagic...I would like to know how many subscribers really listen to these channels. They could put a Broadway and Cinemagic-like show on one combined Standards channel instead of having two of them. I also think though that E-Street Radio should be axed, however the Grateful Dead Channel should stay, because the Grateful Dead was truly a good band - there is a lot of history involved and they have influenced many new adult alternative artists.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON

It was quoted from an e-mail response from Jon Zeller. This is the only channel change on either platform.

In my opinion they would be much better served to get rid of channels like the Broadway Channel, 40's Channel, and Cinemagic...I would like to know how many subscribers really listen to these channels. They could put a Broadway and Cinemagic-like show on one combined Standards channel instead of having two of them. I also think though that E-Street Radio should be axed, however the Grateful Dead Channel should stay, because the Grateful Dead was truly a good band - there is a lot of history involved and they have influenced many new adult alternative artists.

Different tastes but I think there should be no single artist channels period. No single artist warrents their own channel. This includes the Grateful Dead.

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
They really should call it the Justin Timberlake Station...although he's way less annoying than some of the fools in pop these days.

Bandit 5160

Oct 31, 2008
Well, as soon as I can confirm that XM radios (and not just Sirius ones) are getting Backspin and Strobe, I know wht I'm doing with part of my upcoming tax refund- I'm purchasing an XM radio, dropping Sirius and disconnecting my Sirius radio, and getting hooked up with "XM everything plus the best of Sirius". It just seems so much better now to have an XM radio than a Sirius, so I'm making the switch.

YankeeXDev

Oct 19, 2008
Rochester New York
I find I am listening to this channel way more than hits one or the pulse. Hits one has too much rap junk on it with every song that comes up. I think sirius is making a huge mistake taking it of air. I do not understand why they have single artist channels on.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA

I never listen to the Broadway channel, but I say no to axing the 40's and Cinemagic (because I haven't had the chance to listen to this channel yet, and from what I've heard from XM subscribers, it's a good channel).

E Street Radio should be axed, and I would even go as far as saying that Grateful Dead Radio should be axed (and merged back to Jam_ON). Axe all of the single artist channels and create one rotating single artist channel and use the rest of the bandwidth for more content.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
I'm shocked that the Greatful Dead Channel is still around...and they don't have Jam_On? That is crazy! They need to ax most if not all of these single channels. The only one that should be safe is Elvis. There is not enough bandwith that we have to play Bruce Springsteen and the Greatful Dead 24-7....they already get play on other channels?

GreenHornet99

Oct 17, 2008
Being a dual subscriber I get to keep Pop2K. But really there are to many single artist channels around. The only one that would ever interest me would be Fleetwood Mac but probably best as 1 month only rotating channels. Elvis channel would be better replaced be the former GOLD Sirius channel.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Count me in as a Pop2K fan. I've seen in a few places that this channel will go, but none of them are official so it's hard to tell what will or won't happen.

That being said I'm totally spoiled and catch all the Pop2K I need on my XMP3. It's just a great station to record a block of music and fast forward through songs I don't care about, like stuff like Daughtry :(

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Sirius just can't win. They bring back 2 huge channels, and axe a newer one, they still get bit in the ass.

Well, when you have close to 18-20 million subscribers, each one has a different opinion on what Sirius should have. I guess that's one GOOD thing Sirius has going for it.

(Why they just don't put some of these channels as "internet-only" is beyond me.)

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Well, when you have close to 18-20 million subscribers, each one has a different opinion on what Sirius should have. I guess that's one GOOD thing Sirius has going for it.

(Why they just don't put some of these channels as "internet-only" is beyond me.)

Good point.

Also, I agree, at least putting some up online only would be a good start, but if there is no one to program the online station, then it will just be a crappy station, program wise anyway, and not worth having.