Is Siriusxm Worth Subscribing Again?

Is SiriusXM worth subscribing again?

• Total voters

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Amsterdam in the Rockies
Well I'm TRYING to upgrade to the 6/$50 deal for Sirius All Access to get on-demand on streaming, but the website just keeps hanging.....and hanging.....and hanging....any browser I use, mobile or otherwise is the same story.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
I feel your pain Jon. My new car sub runs out at the end of the month. I'm trying to add it as a second device and after I type in the radio ID it says oops, we have a problem and want me to chat or call ( I smell up selling). So I'll let it run out since it's listed on a separate account number and try my luck on April fools day.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Amsterdam in the Rockies
Okay, fired up chat and got streaming added to my current promotion. Found out 6 for $50 wasn't valid because you can't go from a promotion to a promotion despite the website saying I could do just that. But I got what I wanted in streaming, and I still have Select and will probably keep it since I have no interest in Nascar, NFL or Stern (the main 'attractions' of All Access beyond streaming being included.) I'm happy!

Reactions: HecticArt

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Did some homework this morning to determine the best option for continuing my car (second) sub.

The all access plan can be negotiated down to 99 per year instead of 210 but you have to fork over billing information which has bit me in the behind when they tried to auto renew me for the full amount ahead of the sub expiration date.

The select plan is discounted (as a family sub) for 6 months at 29.94 + 6.41 royalty fee for a total of 36.35. The 12 month plan is 99 per anum with royalties of 21.19 for a total of 120.19.

After chatting with multiple agents the select plan is the minimum option for a multi sub discount.

I tried for a mostly music plan at 10.99 per month which is the cheapest option (all access retails for 20.99 per moth and select is 15.99), but there are no discounts so 10.99 X 12 is 131.88 plus (2.35 royalties x 12=) 28.20 equals 160.08.

I will purchase a money order and send 120.19 to: Sirius XM Radio Inc. PO Box 9001399 Louisville, KY 40290-1399. Once my sub has been renewed I'll report back with my findings.

I stumbled upon a site that lists all the royalty fees (by package) and didn't realize how many options were available: Summary of SiriusXM Music Royalty Fees by Package

I also read the customer agreement and found the cancellation line 1-866-635-2349. Other service related issues are at 1-888-539-7474.

The seven day cancellation rule was circumvented in my auto renew attempt. Get a load of the ambiguous language in this paragraph:
You may cancel your Subscription at any time though this Agreement will remain legally binding if you do not do so within seven (7) days of the start of your Subscription. You must call us to cancel your Subscription. If you purchased your Subscription online, and you are a resident of certain states, and in certain other circumstances, you may cancel online.

Reactions: MadisonRadio1

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Got a free 3-month trial in my GMC. Turned to Stern....replay. FFS!!

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Got a free 3-month trial in my GMC. Turned to Stern....replay. FFS!!
According to our Howard Stern forum, he was live on Monday, so I would expect he'd be live Tuesday and today too. Perhaps you tuned-in after all the replays of the daily show, and caught a replay of an old show.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Long story short, I called a month ago to not renew my streaming via the app. The CS agent said if I cancelled it, it would also cancel my lifetime subscription. This woman was dense. I tried to explain I didn't want to renew my app subscription. She said ok.

On Saturday I went to listen to my radio and none of the channels came on. I called CS again. They fixed everything.

Yesterday I got a call from technical support and they wanted to make sure my lifetime was still on. They guy also added lifetime streaming.

I deleted the app already. Maybe I'll put it back on. Who knows.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Exactly.

It's great that they called back. I'm surprised.
For as bad as their CS has been known to be, this is refreshing.

There's two "levels" of CS at SiriusXM. There's the horrible edition which is in places like Honduras, Haiti and who knows where else. At one time, I think they actually had staff in the USA...maybe they still do.

Then...there's the saints up in Nova Scotia who run the technical support Twitter account and who actually know what to do. They can give promos and all that. Not enough good can be said about them.

Then, of course, you have the great folks at TSS Radio who can also help with troubleshooting.

It's sad...a lot of customer support is outsourced to third parties who just sit there and click through screens based upon what the customer says or wants. When the phone call ends, they forget about the customer and go on to the next one. You really have to dig to find a corporate-level support of actual employees who care about the customers enough to see the issues through to a positive resolution.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Got 3 free months in my GMC.

I listened to Stern for the first time in years and I literally heard replay after replay. It's weird.

The music is pretty freaking amazing though.

One thing I never noticed before, however, is that my connection cuts out pretty frequently, living in the mountains and all.

Reactions: MadisonRadio1

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Checked my account online to confirm 120.19 was credited to my account. After a failed attempt to send a signal to my radio through my account setting. I opened a chat and they could not connect me and provided a CS phone number. The CSR applied the 120.19 to my radio and started the subscription that day. After they read the terms and conditions verbage from a script all was well.

To avoid a service interruption I will send them another 120.19 in April, view my account for an accepted payment and call the customer care line to have it applied to my car radio ID number.

BTW, the Sirius select price was 99 and the music royalty fee is 21.19.

Reactions: semipenguin

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Amsterdam in the Rockies
My car was in a wreck recently (long story!) and I've been without it for a couple of weeks now while we're getting the body work details done with their insurance company. In the meantime I've had rentals with no Sirius. It almost slipped my mind how much local radio around here SUCKS!!!!!!!

I should have my ride back by next week.