Jay Leno

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I just really think some of you guys are over analyzing this for the sake of Howard hating.
Sure he hates Jay, probably too much lol it's unhealthy. (or schtick, remember guys its a show) but why be jealous of anyone. He's probably the highest paid ever in radio and near retirement.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
I just really think some of you guys are over analyzing this for the sake of Howard hating.
It's not hate... They are merely trying to make the show better...

:bs:

Can you guys post links to your Jay Leno Fan Forum?

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
true. but what he really wants is a game show. How come he doesn't hate Howie mandel (the easiest show to host). He says he is jelous, but he HATEs jay. Its all stems from stuttering john
I think he hates Jay for real, but he isn't jealous of him. On the other hand, I think he doesn't hate Howie Mandel, but he is jealous of him.

Every time Howard goes on his "I want to host a game show" rant with the exaggerated, "DEAL? Or NO deal?" lines, I laugh my ass off.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
I think he hates Jay for real, but he isn't jealous of him. On the other hand, I think he doesn't hate Howie Mandel, but he is jealous of him.

Every time Howard goes on his "I want to host a game show" rant with the exaggerated, "DEAL? Or NO deal?" lines, I laugh my ass off.
How DARE you laugh at the Howard Stern Show. Instead, you are supposed to analyze every frighteningly minute detail for signs of hypocrisy and/or deception, until every ounce of humor is rendered moot. Then you come here and bitch about it.

Do I have to explain everything???

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
How DARE you laugh at the Howard Stern Show. Instead, you are supposed to analyze every frighteningly minute detail for signs of hypocrisy and/or deception, until every ounce of humor is rendered moot. Then you come here and bitch about it.

Do I have to explain everything???
I'm so f***in' talented, I can do BOTH! :D

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Think about it...

1) Howard spends a good part of the show speaking his mind about news events, gossip and his personal life. On the History of Howard Stern, he and Robin and Fred and other commenters repeatedly say what makes Howard different is his willingness to speak honestly about himself.

2) Howard analyzes and picks apart every celebrity who is in the news.

So then.. why is it so strange to apply the same to him for discussion enjoyment? You say we are not Howard?? That's a non sequitur. No one here pretends to be doing a radio show.

Others say Howard is only doing a comedy bit. What does that mean... that he is not telling the truth? I for one do not believe everything he says is a complete exaggeration or lie. I wouldn't listen if I did. After all, his honesty is what makes him so unique, right?

Interesting today when he said he has to get rid of the Wrap Up Show because of the criticism of him. He basically said there should be no fan criticism because it was like Dorothy seeing the real Wizard of Oz and like crowd discovering the emperor has no clothes. Hasn't it been his schtick to show the emperor has no clothes, at least in personal life, for the last 20 years? He also said criticizing him was bad for marketing? Howard c'mon!

Reactions: hank-the-dwarf

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
It's amazing how one tongue-in-cheek line can set forth a vomitus of psycho-babble excuses as to why someone should never actually enjoy something they profess to love.

Me? I listen . . . I laugh. When I don't laugh . . . I'll stop listening.

I'm a simple guy.

hank-the-dwarf

Oct 12, 2008
Baltimore Md
Think about it...

2) Howard analyzes and picks apart every celebrity who is in the news.

So then.. why is it so strange to apply the same to him for discussion enjoyment? You say we are not Howard?? That's a non sequitur. No one here pretends to be doing a radio show.
because you can't talk about the leader of the revolution yo !:no:

Reactions: IronJabroni

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008
Howard vs. Jay

On the decline of his career, Howard slinks into work four days a week in between vacations and holidays. Interest has waned to his once relevant show since the move to satellite. Top notch guests seem to avoid the show, even if they are linked to Sirius somehow. Sirius is also in financial shambles. After failing at his marriage, newlywed Howard comes home to a wife who he deep down knows she only is with him for his wealth and fame. That is, when she is home, as these days, the “model†seems to be away quite a bit. Can’t say I blame her. LOL. Stern lashes out at Leno for being “safeâ€, for refusing to hold out for more money, for Jay taking Stuttering John away from him a decade ago, and for doing charity work. I guess any charity besides the NSAL is a scam?

In contrast, Jay seems to be on a career upswing. Leaving the Tonight Show behind him, he will soon embark on a new show in a new timeslot, and it will be a success. He comes home every night to his loving, faithful wife Mavis. He’s also interested in cars and motorcycles, having a large collection of both. He doesn’t just collect them; he also works on them. Sure trumps failing at Internet chess. Despite doing the unthinkable, and turning down more network money, Jay is super gracious to his loyal workers at holiday time, happily shelling out most likely six figures out of his own pocket.

To be fair, both have interviewed presidents. Last night, Jay had Barack Obama on. He obviously stole this idea from Howard. Didn’t Howard have the “president†of Ashley Madison on a while back? That Leno is such a thief! LOL.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Howard vs. Jay

He comes home every night to his loving, faithful wife Mavis. .

Howard's low point in this war is his repeated insistence that Jay is cheating on Mavis when he's on the road because because... just because.

Poor Howard... Jay won't take the bait and fight back... this is Jay's dirtiest tactic...

TheScionicMan

Oct 11, 2008
haha, More Leno LOVE. How many viewers does he have? If we had to PAY for him, there'd be 0.0..

Its funny that as down as you guys are about Howard, especially DLM, you all would lather his ass so heavily if you met him you could shave it for him...

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
haha, More Leno LOVE. How many viewers does he have? If we had to PAY for him, there'd be 0.0..

Its funny that as down as you guys are about Howard, especially DLM, you all would lather his ass so heavily if you met him you could shave it for him...
I would definitely shave his back hair and maybe his chest ...that would be my limit... How about you Sonic Man? Would you go the extra mile?

TheScionicMan

Oct 11, 2008
People complain that he's lost his fire and then when he goes after someone they complain.....lmao.
Exactly! He should lay off Jay, but he should rip Dr. Ronnie a new one to her face...

And since Howard is the only thing in their life, Fridays are extra hard.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
I've personally had the chance to meet more than a few of my idols (Lou Reed, Steven Tyler, Pedro Martinez, Ray Bourque), and have passed at the chance of fawning or asking for an autograph. In the case of Tyler, I actually sold him a computer for his (then) 13 year old daughter Liv, and I didn't even blink an eye for fear of attracting a mob (he thanked me for not making a scene - Nicest celebrity ever!!).

See, I no more want to bother them than I want to be bothered by strangers (which is the bane of my existence - I hate people!!!). I have no need to meet their private persona, which in some instances (Lou Reed) I've heard is comparable to Leona Helmsley crossed with a serial killer. If I saw Howard in public, I'd more than likely go out of my way to avoid him and leave him to his peace. I've only gotten one autograph in my life; I was 5 years old and it was from Bobby Orr. So I've got the signature of a God, why the hell do I need the chicken scratches of a mere mortal?

PS - Orr was even more gracious than Steven Tyler. He actually kneeled down and talked to my sister and I for about 5 minutes while he signed a painting of him that my dad did. The guy had surgery riddled knees, yet he bent down just to be on our level. A superstar who is truly humble. Who'da thunk it?

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008

People don't have to pay individually for Leno. He's on an actual network.

As far as you projecting me into your shaving fantasy - no, thanks. I'll pass. Don't let that deter you from your goal, though. Just stand out in front of the Sirius building with your can of Gilette foam and your Bic disposable. One day Howard will walk in front of you, stop to pick up a penny, and then you can go to town. Good luck, my friend.