Jon's Favorite Songs

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Music' started by Jon, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

One of those old CCR songs that doesn't get overplayed to death. One I used to hear on Deep Tracks when I subscribed to the old XM.

Commotion.

Love the guitar tone in that one.

Aaron and HecticArt like this.
  2. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Nice little treat for the ride home from work this evening courtesy of 'The Spectrum.' Two favorites, one old one new-ish.

Led Zeppelin - What is and what should never be

and Local folks The Lumineers - Ophelia

HecticArt likes this.
  3. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Good times.

4. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Heard this one on Lithium on the way home from work this afternoon.

Chris Cornell from SiriusXM studios, covering Prince's 'Nothing Compares 2 U'

5. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

It sucks that he's gone.

6. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Another edition of the Favorite Songs, and one I had forgotten about for a while before hearing it on Outlaw Country the other day.

A rendition of an old Dire Straits tune done by Shooter Jennings, aka Waylon's kid. Here is the Outlaw Country Legend's offspring, who's doing pretty okay for himself, covering the song 'Walk of Life.'

And of course, the original rendition by Dire Straits themselves.

7. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream

Love that song. One of my favourite Dire Straits songs. That country version was interesting. Cool video.

8. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

While we don't have a whole hell of a lot of Country fans beyond yours truly on these boards. I did give a listen to Outlaw Country on the way home from the doctor's office, and was blown away by this tune from Chris Stapleton called "The Devil Named Music"

Chris Stapleton is a songwriter that is responsible for a lot of the songs you're used to hearing on Country radio nowadays, and now is doing his own thing. And doing it well judging by this tune.

9. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

It seems like nerd forums are a little contrary to the country music ethos.