Jon's Favorite Songs

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
The new one from Metallica that sounds like it would have fit right in on 'Ride The Lightning'.

Hardwired. :guitar:

Reactions: HecticArt

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
One nice thing about local radio is that it's run by veterans who have been in town for years, and have an almost encyclopedic knowledge of music. Occasionally, they'll drop a deep track on you that you swear you haven't heard in years. This happened the other night on the way to work when they played this one from the Scarecrow album (my favorite, by a lot by this artist)

John Mellencamp - Justice and Independence '85

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
New-ish song that's caught my ear lately and that I really like.

The Wind and The Wave
Grand Canyon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: HecticArt

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
There's always that one band I hear on the radio and get obsessed with and search out other stuff by them. Like that 'Fitz and The Tantrums' kick I was on for a while (still kind of am!)

This band is my current interest.

Sounds a little like a combo of the Rolling Stones and the Animals, produced by Jim Morrison.

Cage the Elephant - Cold Cold Cold

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
There's always that one band I hear on the radio and get obsessed with and search out other stuff by them. Like that 'Fitz and The Tantrums' kick I was on for a while (still kind of am!)

This band is my current interest.

Sounds a little like a combo of the Rolling Stones and the Animals, produced by Jim Morrison.

Cage the Elephant - Cold Cold Cold

They're good, they've been around for a while now. A variation on the Black Keys sound.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Cage is fun.

My band is playing Ain't No Rest For The Wicked. I learned how to play slide guitar for it. It's crazy easy and a good one to start picking up slide with.