Jon's Top 100

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
"Hey Jealousy" is my #176, a fantastic song!

I've never gotten into "Wild Boys". Prefer "The Chauffeur" and "A View to a Kill", both are on my list of my favorite 500+ songs of all ever.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
Agreed, but this is probably my #4 or #5 fav on this album. My favs on it are "Dream" and "Crowd".
1. Yer So Bad
2. Running Down a Dream
3. A Face In the Crowd
4. Love is a Long Road
5. I won't back down
6. Free Falling
7. Everything else on the album

Reactions: sadchild

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
#52 - Melissa Etheridge - I'm the Only One

Everything about this song is just perfection to me, the attitude, the bluesy tone, even the video which I don't usually pay much attention to. From her best album since her first.

#51 - Matchbox Twenty - Unwell

I have a pretty extensive list of songs I'm into from bands I'm usually not into. This is on that list. A few from their first album is in my top 200.

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
I said it somewhere else but "End Of The World" has irked me since the first day I heard it. But it keeps popping up on people's all time fav lists, so it's certainly just a "me thing".

I also said somewhere else that "A Girl Like You" was my first Smithereens exposure, then I went back and found "Blood & Roses" which is a great tune. So is "Only A Memory". I may be alone on these but I also like "Top Of The Pops" and "Too Much Passion".

Smithereens

1. Blues Before And After
2. A Girl Like You
3. Too Much Passion
4. Top Of The Pops
5. Yesterday Girl
6. Blood And Roses
7. Only A Memory
8. Like Someone In Love (b-side of A Girl Like You)

Reactions: HecticArt

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I said it somewhere else but "End Of The World" has irked me since the first day I heard it. But it keeps popping up on people's all time fav lists, so it's certainly just a "me thing".

I also said somewhere else that "A Girl Like You" was my first Smithereens exposure, then I went back and found "Blood & Roses" which is a great tune. So is "Only A Memory". I may be alone on these but I also like "Top Of The Pops" and "Too Much Passion".

Smithereens

1. Blues Before And After
2. A Girl Like You
3. Too Much Passion
4. Top Of The Pops
5. Yesterday Girl
6. Blood And Roses
7. Only A Memory
8. Like Someone In Love (b-side of A Girl Like You)
I also sometimes find "End of the World" annoying, but it's really quite a song, along the same lines as We Didn't Start the Fire by Billy Joel. Plus it's a great live performance song.

I've told my Smithereens story (they're from my college town), and they're coming up on my list, so I'll leave it at that for now. ;)

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
#48 - R.E.M. - Don't Go Back to Rockville

One R.E.M. song we can all agree on.

#47 - LL Cool J - Mama Said Knock You Out

Already featured on sadchild's list. One of those songs that makes you wanna run through a wall.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
#46 - Talking Heads - Burning Down the House

"Speaking in Tongues" was one of those albums I had on all formats at one time (Vinyl, Casette, CD and now download). One of those bands that I most remember as a kid for their weird-ass videos.

#45 - Midnight Oil - Forgotten Years

A band that will be making at least one more appearance in the countdown before the end. Also from the Blue Sky Mining album. More on that later.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I should count up the songs on everyone's top whatever lists. Probably half of the songs we play are on your lists.
We don't do them justice, but we still play them.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
#46 - Talking Heads - Burning Down the House

"Speaking in Tongues" was one of those albums I had on all formats at one time (Vinyl, Casette, CD and now download). One of those bands that I most remember as a kid for their weird-ass videos.

#45 - Midnight Oil - Forgotten Years

A band that will be making at least one more appearance in the countdown before the end. Also from the Blue Sky Mining album. More on that later.

I will have Midnight Oil coming up soon. One of my favorite bands from that era.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
#44 - Squeeze - Tempted

Always like Paul Karrack in his many musical capacities, but especially this song.

#43 - John Mellencamp - Authority Song

Never really delved that deep in to Mellencamp's discography, I'll have to fix that one day. This is a favorite song from one disc I have listened to, along with Scarecrow (coming up!) This album is one less 'Jackie O' away from being as good as Scarecrow.