Jon's Top 200-101: The Saga Begins

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Here by somewhat popular demand, is the back end of my favorites list. The prequel if you will. And we're starting off with a bang. In my early days, when I was still a little shit, I was mainly listening to what my parents and sisters we're listening to. That included a lot of country, rock, and oldies, up to and including Motown. And, really, what a way to get started.

#200 - Martha and the Vandellas - Nowhere to Run

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
Not my fav song from this album but still a really great song -- because there ain't a song on this album that isn't a total classic. My second-most-favoritest-album-of-all-ever back when I was a teenager.

Reactions: HecticArt

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
#198 - Starship - We Built This City

There are, essentially, three incarnations of this band. The early days of Jefferson Airplane hippie rock/Woodstock (White Rabbit, Somebody to Love), The 2nd round of Jefferson Starship (Jane, Find Your Way back, etc.) and this one!

This song consistently lands at the top of the worst songs of all-time lists. Even Grace Slick hates this song! But, it's damn catchy! And I had the album when I was a kid. So there! :p

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I was at a baseball game a couple of years ago and they played a clip of Godzilla stomping his feet and clapping to the beat of We Will Rock You.
Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a hand from behind me point at the screen and yell "Godzilla!" in a Japanese accent.
I thought, who missed the PC memo and still thinks it's OK to do that in public?
So I turned around to see an Asian couple that must have been in their early 60's delighted that Godzilla was was on at the ballpark.

It was the funniest stereotype I've ever seen come to life.

And it's a great song.

Reactions: sadchild

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I was at a baseball game a couple of years ago and they played a clip of Godzilla stomping his feet and clapping to the beat of We Will Rock You.
Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a hand from behind me point at the screen and yell "Godzilla!" in a Japanese accent.
I thought, who missed the PC memo and still thinks it's OK to do that in public?
So I turned around to see an Asian couple that must have been in their early 60's delighted that Godzilla was was on at the ballpark.

It was the funniest stereotype I've ever seen come to life.

And it's a great song.
I've seen that one! :laugh: