Let's Talk About Animals

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Check out what I came across on my morning walk:

I wanted to pick one up but there were a lots of bees still on them and I wasn't in the market to be stung a bunch of times. Also, I looked in the tree above for the rest of the hive but couldn't see it.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: scotchandcigar

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
At the end of my walk this evening I noticed there was a racoon under my car. I keep walking and saw two more eating some stuff off a storm grate I was parked near. Now I am friends with some local ducks, both Muscovy and Egyptian...

1595994828089.png

1595994752642.png

and I bring 2 slices of bread with me every night to feed them. Today they weren't there so I came home with bread still in my pocket. Not wanting to let it go to waste I fed it to the racoons. It was fun to watch them figure out what I was doing and then chow down.

Not my pic but it looked something like this:

1595995031496.png

The beautiful wildlife of the suburban Ft Lauderdale area. Good times.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Yeah, as an avid beach-goer, I know that the last thing you want to do is feed bread (or anything) to the seagulls.
Someone told me if you want to get rid of seagulls in a most unpleasant way put alka-seltzer in a hot dog piece and feed it to them. They digest it and as they process the pill it releases the CO2 and it has no where to go and the seagul just explodes. I have never tried it since even as unpleasant as seagulls are they are a living thing but I do get a smile thinking about it.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Someone told me if you want to get rid of seagulls in a most unpleasant way put alka-seltzer in a hot dog piece and feed it to them. They digest it and as they process the pill it releases the CO2 and it has no where to go and the seagul just explodes. I have never tried it since even as unpleasant as seagulls are they are a living thing but I do get a smile thinking about it.

Seagulls are food thieving jerks, but doing that would be a real asshole move.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I'm watching some Nat Geo nature show and they are showing this really cool thing called brood parasitism. It's where a bird sneaks into another bird's nest while the mom is away and lays an egg in it. When the OG bird gets back she has no idea what went down and treats the egg as her own. Then the imposter egg hatches and is raised by that mom. Also the imposter baby bird then pushes all the real babies out of the nest killing them. It's kinda brutal but neat.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I've seen a couple of videos of videos of birds doing that. It's pretty cool.
I've seen where they are training birds to attack them for security purposes. Either to prevent suspected terrorist activities, spying, or to clear no-fly zones.