Let's Talk About Animals

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Meme's squirrel video and an article I read made me think we should have a dedicated animal thread. Manatees get their own thread because they are of course the most important of the animals and deserve their own place at DRC. Here we have a place for all the rest.

sloth.jpg

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule

I'm glad I clicked through to watch this on Youtube because otherwise I wouldn't have known this was another Meme produced and directed video!

That squirrel deserves a belly full of seeds after putting in all that work to get them.

Reactions: memebag

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
House Panel Considers Ban on Killing Dogs and Cats for Meals

I have no interest in eating a dog or cat or really any meat that is not normal to most Americans. However I think it's wrong to make it illegal.

I don't see anything wrong with farming non conventional animals for meat. So long as they are not treated cruelly like in China or Korea or like some of the farms here that get exposed in undercover videos I think it should be accepted and legal.

We don't eat dogs and cats and horses because those are animals we bond with. But you can just as easily bond with a pig. I try not to eat pig for just that reason but I certainly don't think pork should be made illegal.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Not surprisingly, I disagree. There are farm animals that we've raised for food, ever since we've colonized America; and the rest we don't. We've had these standards and distinctions all along; why not make it legal? Think of it like gay marriage.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Not surprisingly, I disagree. There are farm animals that we've raised for food, ever since we've colonized America; and the rest we don't. We've had these standards and distinctions all along; why not make it legal? Think of it like gay marriage.

I don't get what you are trying to say there.

So since we have been doing something all along we should make that the law and never change? That sounds completely opposite from the argument in favor of gay marriage.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I don't get what you are trying to say there.

So since we have been doing something all along we should make that the law and never change? That sounds completely opposite from the argument in favor of gay marriage.
No. Same sex couples have been in relationships for as long as we have been treating domesticated animals differently than farm animals. Both cases followed unwritten laws. Now they are being written.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
No. Same sex couples have been in relationships for as long as we have been treating domesticated animals differently than farm animals. Both cases followed unwritten laws. Now they are being written.

Oh, ok. I see what you meant now.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
People have been eating dogs and cats as long as we've been eating farm animals. Just not the people you hang with.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Nice thread Koop. Since I go by wolf here. What do you want to know about me? I bath like once a month and like to shit in the mods lounge. No, I don't go making love with other animals.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Since this thread about animals is this subject allowed here?

Bestiality and Zoophilia

Zoophilia - Wikipedia

j/, I not going to talk about that crap and NO, I don't approve!

Last edited:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Meme's squirrel video and an article I read made me think we should have a dedicated animal thread. Manatees get their own thread because they are of course the most important of the animals and deserve their own place at DRC. Here we have a place for all the rest.

sloth.jpg
So we should merge the two threads. Got it!

Reactions: Wolf

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
If my manatees don't get to keep their rightful place in a solo DRC thread I will rain down hellfire and damnation on this forum until Droo or someone more important than a measly mod is forced to ban me.