Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
tumblr_mekr5e0use1qzx0km.jpg

Reactions: HecticArt

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I've never had (or seen) a dog that would even look in the direction of a TV, let alone pay attention. I've only seen them react to TV sounds.
One of my cats watches TV. The other two act as if they can't even see the images on it.

The one who watches gets VERY INTERESTED in birds. She will run up to the TV when she sees them and try to figure out if there are birds behind the TV. Sometimes she will swat at them on the screen. She takes an interest in other kinds of animals, but birds are her favorite.

She's the smartest of my three cats.

Reactions: JHDK

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Or...maybe she's the dumbest. Maybe the other 2 are like, "duh, that's a bird on a TV screen; you can't catch it. Dumb cat".
She's the smartest by far. She predicts the movements of humans better. She is better at long range planning when "hunting" the other two. When she hears a storm coming she goes to the innermost hallway, away from all windows, outside walls and doors.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
She's the smartest by far. She predicts the movements of humans better. She is better at long range planning when "hunting" the other two. When she hears a storm coming she goes to the innermost hallway, away from all windows, outside walls and doors.
She gets my vote for President.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
A cute little shih-tzu mix, euthanized. This story makes me sick. Not every death-bed wish needs to be fulfilled – and certainly not this one:.

A healthy dog was euthanized so it could be buried with its owner - CNN
I'm mixed on this one. I agree it's a terrible thing to do. But the article never mentions how old the dog was. I'm betting that if the owner had this type of attachment, the dog was probably pretty close to death anyway. And that picture is not the dog. The real dog might look like it's ready to go.

And finally, an old dog really won't do well after the death of their lifelong owner. My father-in-law passed early last year, and his dog went less than 6 months later.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
The video of it flying up to the group of photographers makes it look like the eagle has been trained to interact with people.

It's still a really good picture.

I'm mixed on this one. I agree it's a terrible thing to do. But the article never mentions how old the dog was. I'm betting that if the owner had this type of attachment, the dog was probably pretty close to death anyway. And that picture is not the dog. The real dog might look like it's ready to go.

And finally, an old dog really won't do well after the death of their lifelong owner. My father-in-law passed early last year, and his dog went less than 6 months later.
Either way, the dog can haunt the guy for eternity.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN

This article says pup.

Healthy dog euthanized to be buried with deceased owner

The bitch that willed this to happen probably didn't specify how soon the dog needed to be buried with her.

The dog could have gone on to live a healthy life, then be buried when it got old and died.

That's on the executor.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
This article says pup.
Maybe that word was used intentionally because it was a young dog, or maybe it was used just to change things up. I'm not defending the owner, I just find it odd that they never say how many years old the dog was, or even describe him as young or old. Just lazy reporting.