Let's Talk About Animals

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
The one in the front is the Forrest Gump of ducks and just decided to start walking cause he likes to walk. After a little while all the other ducks were inspired to follow.

1565498997085.png

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I keep tellin ya. Cats are assh*les.

It's not my opinion.
It's science.

In the penguins' world, every penguin is either gay or straight. There is no in-between. Everything is black or white. And now that I wrote that, I'm sorry I did.

View attachment 5523
NTTAWWT

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
My little Athena has a uncontrollable need to jump into any open drawer. Much like me, she has to deal with addiction issues.

Well, I opened the drawer in front of my TV to get my Switch and left it open. I keep a candle going in front of my TV as I think I've posted pics about here in the past. Well the little kitty jumps into the drawer and is looking around and then I see smoke. It takes me a second to realize what was going on and turns out the fur by her left hind leg was burning. It only lasted like 2 seconds. I got up a pushed her out of the way...she didn't even knock over the candle but oh boy do we have a nice burning hair smell in my room right now. I picked her up to check and she didn't actually burn her skin. She just has a bit of seared fur. It doesn't look fringed but is feels it when I pet her.

She knows something isn't right and has now been freaking out. Running and jumping all around. Glad to see her get the exercise cause I've been worried she doesn't have enough room to run around anymore now that her living situation has become so much smaller. Guess I was wrong on that front.

She is not physically hurt so that is the main thing. I''m sure she will calm down in a while.

• Wow
Reactions: scotchandcigar

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Glad that she didn't burn your place down, and didn't get burned in the process.
It coulda been messy.
Of course, if you have that BBQ sauce in the kitchen........

Reactions: JHDK

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
She knows something isn't right and has now been freaking out. Running and jumping all around. Glad to see her get the exercise cause I've been worried she doesn't have enough room to run around anymore now that her living situation has become so much smaller. Guess I was wrong on that front.

She is not physically hurt so that is the main thing. I''m sure she will calm down in a while.
That is where the expression burning the calories comes from.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
This reminds me of a very memorable family story, from when my kids were young. We were all gathered at my in-laws house; they had two Himalayan cats they loved (that I thought were ugly). They also had a non-working fireplace, with a big candle burning in it. My older daughter - the one who stands on the edge of mountains and basically doesn't get alarmed by anything - was about 7 at the time. While we were all sitting around the kitchen table having dessert, she calmly walks up to my father-in-law, and in a Bill Belichick monotone, says
"cat's tail is on fire."
"What?"
"cat's tail is on fire."
"THE CAT'S TAIL IS ON FIRE!!!???"
"yeah." [points to cat who is walking across the floor with flames and smoke coming off his tail].
[everybody] "OH MY GOD!!!" "OH MY GOD!!!"
Bedlam ensues. The cat's tail is snuffed out, and my daughter goes back to playing with her toys.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
This reminds me of a very memorable family story, from when my kids were young. We were all gathered at my in-laws house; they had two Himalayan cats they loved (that I thought were ugly). They also had a non-working fireplace, with a big candle burning in it. My older daughter - the one who stands on the edge of mountains and basically doesn't get alarmed by anything - was about 7 at the time. While we were all sitting around the kitchen table having dessert, she calmly walks up to my father-in-law, and in a Bill Belichick monotone, says
"cat's tail is on fire."
"What?"
"cat's tail is on fire."
"THE CAT'S TAIL IS ON FIRE!!!???"
"yeah." [points to cat who is walking across the floor with flames and smoke coming off his tail].
[everybody] "OH MY GOD!!!" "OH MY GOD!!!"
Bedlam ensues. The cat's tail is snuffed out, and my daughter goes back to playing with her toys.

Glad I'm not the only one who lets their cat go up in flames.