Lithium sucks now!!

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
fix_it.jpg

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
Nickelback and 7Mary3 might be the worst pieces of crap....and Veruca Salt. Seether? Holy horrible. I'm ashamed to like rock music when that crap comes on and USUALLY I switch over to old school rap but we know how THAT goes these days.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
Lithium should be an Alt rock/music channel of the 90s! Now Matthew Penn's "No Myth" from 1987...nope! Coldplay from a few years ago...not that either!

Alt rock in the nineties is board just like 1st Wave is (I haven't noticed that they messed with that much but I haven't listened to it much, either). Seal...maybe some tracks but in general, no. Crash Test Dummies I agree fits on the channel. It's certaintly not typical pop.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
Oh well, I'm pissed about no Backspin or The Stobe myself. But I guess I have to move on. And so do you. There must be some station you can listen to and enjoy that can take your mind off of your disappointment in Lithium for a spell.

YOu're right...people should never use message boards to complain...You work for Sirius...I mean, SiriusXM, don't you?

styckx

Nov 11, 2008
There is a channel for that called 1st Wave! The nineties was great for alt rock....so play alt rock from that decade!

To bad Lithium only plays about 1% of it.

P.S. The 80s and 2000's were great for it too if you looked past billboard top 10 charts. Hence the point of Lucy, they played the hits, and then some.

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
Lithium should be an Alt rock/music channel of the 90s! Now Matthew Penn's "No Myth" from 1987...nope! Coldplay from a few years ago...not that either!

Alt rock in the nineties is board just like 1st Wave is (I haven't noticed that they messed with that much but I haven't listened to it much, either). Seal...maybe some tracks but in general, no. Crash Test Dummies I agree fits on the channel. It's certaintly not typical pop.

No Myth came out in '89. 1st Wave should play it.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
To bad Lithium only plays about 1% of it.

P.S. The 80s and 2000's were great for it too if you looked past billboard top 10 charts. Hence the point of Lucy, they played the hits, and then some.

I don't disagree about the 80s, and there is a channel for that. 1st Wave! 2000s (which I find questionable in quality when it comes not only to alt rock but music in general after comparing Pop2K to 90s on 9)? Alt Nation!

I think Lithium was always way too into their staple grunge artists and now they seem to be adding "pop" alt rock, which is fine. But how about someone like Frank Black. Made great albums in the nineties and while he wasn't a singles artist, his single releases like "Headache" were strong and popular on alt rock stations.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Lithium (for me) was good because they played the grunge and harder stuff from the 90's. Not the fluffy stuff like Lisa Loeb and Michael Penn.

I like Seal, Verruca Salt, and Marley, but there are other channels that they would work better on.

A deeper set list would be great, but I'd rather that it was more in keepting with the format.

There were a lot of great artists that would work without well on Lithium.

Snick422

Nov 16, 2008
Sirius played Bob Marley yesterday, Marley died in 1981. 90s grunge and alternative my ass...

Dave

Oct 17, 2008
If the playlist is almost the same as the XM version, they should have might as well kept the name "Lucy" and kept those cool/funny sweepers... those were priceless! (sighs)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I just realized something: one reason for the changes @ Lithium is because Christopher the Minister, its PD is gone. He left Sirius last week.

If the playlist is almost the same as the XM version, they should have might as well kept the name "Lucy" and kept those cool/funny sweepers... those were priceless! (sighs)

The Lucy PD (Bill Hutton) was also fired. I am wondering who the hell is actually programming this station?