"Live from the BBC Vault" Schedule

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
BBC Concert Vault / with Howard Jones
Satellite

Wed @ 8:00 pm ET
Howard recorded at the Royal Albert Hall in London back in December of 1984!

Setlist:
Like To Get To Know You Well
Look Mama
Hunger For The Flesh
Natural
Hide And Seek
Always Asking Questions
No One Is To Blame
Equality
What Is Love?
New Song
Hunt The Self

Rebroadcast:
Thurs @ 6:00 am & 12:00 pm
Fri @ 2:00 am & 3:00 pm
Sun @ 1:00 pm ET

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
The Pretenders '94
The Spectrum

Tonight @ 10pm
Hear an intimate archival recording of The Pretenders from their live performance recorded for the BBC in 1994, the same year their memorable hit "I'll Stand By You" was released. Part of Sirius XM's ongoing access to exclusive performances from the BBC Vault.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
oasis.jpg

Oasis '94
Lithium Ch 34

Tonight 6:00 pm ET
Oasis’ anthemic rock ballads and unpredictable live performances led them from anonymity to superstardom. Unlock the BBC Vault with the poster boys of 90’s Brit-Pop. Oasis rock the UK’s Wolverhampton Civic Hall from December of 1994 exclusively on Lithium, Sirius XM 34. Rebroadcast: Thurs @ 9:00 am; Fri @ 11:00 pm; Sat @ 12:00 pm ET

Setlist
Rock 'n' Roll Star
Columbia
Digsy's Dinner
Shakermaker
Bring It On Down
Up In The Sky
Slide Away
Cigarettes And Alcohol
Married With Children
Sad Song
Whatever
I Am The Walrus

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
IFWT-CDR-024.jpg

Live from the BBC Vault- David Gilmour
Deep Tracks

Wed @ 3pm
Rediscover this historic BBC radio concert event, David Gilmour, recorded live at The Mermaid Theater in London March of 2006. David and his band perform songs from his album On An Island as well as songs from the ‘other’ band he is known for – the legendary Pink Floyd!

Setlist
Castellorizon
On An Island
The Blue Play
Take A Breath
Smile Play
This Heaven Play Video
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts I-V)
Wearing the Inside Out
High Hope
Comfortably Numb (three false starts)
Encore:
On An Island
The Blue

Rebroadcast:
Fri @ 11pm
Sat @ Noon
Sun @ 8am

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
allmansf73.jpg

The Allman Brothers '73
Classic Vinyl: Ch 26

Today 11 am ET
Celebrate the birthday of one of Rock’s most Legendary and Distinctive Southern Rock Voices, Gregg Allman. Join Classic Vinyl as we unlock the BBC Vault almost 40 years to the day spotlighting New Year’s Eve 1973 at San Francisco’s Winterland Ballroom.

Wasted Words
Done Somebody Wrong
One Way Out
Stormy Monday
Ramblin' Man
Southbound
Jessica
You Don't Love Me
Amazing Grace
Les Brers In A Minor (Pt.1)
Drums
Les Brers In A Minor (Pt.2)
Blue Sky
Trouble No More

Last edited:

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
000a52e0_medium.jpeg

Little River Band '82
The Bridge: Ch 32

Today @ Noon ET

00:00 It's A Long Way There 7:57
07:57 Man On Your Mind 4:14
12:11 The Rumour 4:04
16:15 Mistress Of Mine 5:34
21:49 Red Shoes/Don't Let The Needle Win 8:27
30:16 Reminiscing 4:54
35:10 Cool Change 6:14
41:24 The Night Owls 5:19
46:43 Just Say That You Love Me 5:33

Little-River-Band-BBC-Rock-Hour---V-394878.jpg

LITTLE RIVER BAND B.B.C. Rock Hour (Rare 1982 original US 10-track vinyl LP Radio Show introduced by Richard Skinner & recorded live in concert at London's Dominion Theatre, this is show #306)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrvHMXk1qJg]Little River Band - 1982 BBC Rock Hour at the Dominion - YouTube[/ame]

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Great show! They inserted "Lady" before the last song. Repay Fri night

Little River Band '82

Friday at 10pm ET

00:00 It's A Long Way There 7:57
07:57 Man On Your Mind 4:14
12:11 The Rumour 4:04
16:15 Mistress Of Mine 5:34
21:49 Red Shoes/Don't Let The Needle Win 8:27
30:16 Reminiscing 4:54
35:10 Cool Change 6:14
41:24 The Night Owls 5:19
Lady
46:43 Just Say That You Love Me 5:33

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Little River Band '82

Encore Saturday 5p

It's A Long Way There
Man On Your Mind
The Rumour
Mistress Of Mine
Red Shoes/Don't Let The Needle Win
Reminiscing
Cool Change
The Night Owls
Lady
Just Say That You Love Me

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
I always liked their songs... the Little River Band :cool:

"The albatross and the whales they are my brothers..."
Cool Change will always hold a special place in my mind. First time I heard it I was hanging out on the fantail of a Destroyer in the South China Seas, about a thousand miles from anywhere, at night with a full moon shining. It felt like they were describing the moment to a T!

"Cool Change"

If there's one thing
In my life that's missing
It's the time that I spend alone
Sailing on the cool
And bright clear water

Lots of those friendly people
They're showing me ways to go
And I never want to
Lose their inspiration

Time for a cool change
I know that it's time for a cool change
Now that my life is so prearranged

Well, I was born in the sign of water
And it's there that I feel my best
The albatross and the whales
They are my brothers

It's kind of a special feeling
When you're out on the sea alone
Staring at the full moon like a lover

Time for a cool change
Now that my life is so prearranged

I've never been romantic
And sometimes, I don't care
I know it may sound selfish
But let me breathe the air

Yeah, yeah
Let me breathe the air

If there's one thing
In my life that's missing
It's the time that I spend alone
Sailing on the cool
And bright clear water

It's kind of a special feeling
Out on the sea alone
Staring at the full moon
Like a lover

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
No BBC Vault shows have ever been On Demand since it started in Oct '11

However if you can get to the Internet or phone at 10pm ET, you can time-shift back 5 hours and hear it in it's entirety!

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Deep Purple — Live From the BBC Vaults
The BBC opens their vaults to share Deep Purple.

» December 31 — See Schedule
» Ozzy's Boneyard — Channel 38

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Deep Purple — Live From the BBC Vaults
The BBC opens their vaults to share Deep Purple.

» December 31 — See Schedule
» Ozzy's Boneyard — Channel 38

Many people received this email yesterday, but no one at SXM Help or any DJ's on Ozzy's Boneyard knows anything about it!

Please post here if anyone has heard anything about it. They just got snubbed again by the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame- I hope SiriusXM is not doing the same.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Live from the BBC Vault: Deep Purple 1974
3pm ET Today on Ozzy's Boneyard Ch 38

Live_in_London_%28Deep_Purple_album%29.jpg

:headbang: :buttrock: :headbang: :buttrock:
1. Burn
2. Might Just Take Your Life
3. Lay Down, Stay Down
4. Mistreated
5. Smoke on the Water
6. You Fool No One

Recorded by the BBC at the Gaumont State Theatre in Kilburn, London on May 22, 1974, Live on London is an early performance by the then brand new Mk III line-up of Deep Purple, featuring founding members Ritchie Blackmore, Jon Lord, Ian Paice, and newcomers Glenn Hughes & David Coverdale. Though there have been numerous releases featuring this version of Deep Purple (Made in Europe being the major release, documenting this line-up just as Blackmore was set to leave), Live in London is surely one of the best, showing a band that was firing on all cylinders and totally invigorated by the new blood added to the band. Hot on the heels of their Burn release, the band tears into a few from that album and two very familiar Purple classics.

Coverdale & Hughes are both in fine form vocally (Hughes goes less into full scream mode here as he did way too often on subsequent tours when he was full bore into his drug addiction), and the band musically is on fire. "Burn" rips from start to finish (one of hard rocks greatest anthems), and Blackmore & Coverdale showcase their skills to perfection on their lengthy blues classic "Mistreated". Great to hear the two heavy & funky rockers "Might Just Take Your Life" and "Lay Down Stay Down", a pair of gems also from Burn. The band does a good job on the legendary "Smoke on the Water", and this is perhaps the best Coverdale & Hughes have ever sounded on a MkII song on any live recordings from this era. Blackmore unleashes a sizzling solo to go along with the classic riff. Over on disc 2, you get two extremely lengthy pieces, "You Fool No One" from Burn and the 30+ minute version of the classic "Space Truckin' ", which back then was a great vehicle for the band to launch into lengthy jams. "You Fool No One" is groove laden and funky here, with a scorching Blackmore solo as well as a fine solo spot for Paice and loads of Lord Hammond organ. While parts of "Space Truckin' " are highly enjoyable, for the most part it's way too long, and Hughes rambles on endlessly with some funk bass slapping and scat singing.

Last edited:

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
This was an awesome concert! :band2:

Live from the BBC Vault: Deep Purple 1974
3pm ET Today on Ozzy's Boneyard Ch 38

Live_in_London_%28Deep_Purple_album%29.jpg

:headbang: :buttrock: :headbang: :buttrock:
1. Burn
2. Might Just Take Your Life
3. Lay Down, Stay Down
4. Mistreated
5. Smoke on the Water
6. You Fool No One

Recorded by the BBC at the Gaumont State Theatre in Kilburn, London on May 22, 1974, Live on London is an early performance by the then brand new Mk III line-up of Deep Purple, featuring founding members Ritchie Blackmore, Jon Lord, Ian Paice, and newcomers Glenn Hughes & David Coverdale. Though there have been numerous releases featuring this version of Deep Purple (Made in Europe being the major release, documenting this line-up just as Blackmore was set to leave), Live in London is surely one of the best, showing a band that was firing on all cylinders and totally invigorated by the new blood added to the band. Hot on the heels of their Burn release, the band tears into a few from that album and two very familiar Purple classics.

Coverdale & Hughes are both in fine form vocally (Hughes goes less into full scream mode here as he did way too often on subsequent tours when he was full bore into his drug addiction), and the band musically is on fire. "Burn" rips from start to finish (one of hard rocks greatest anthems), and Blackmore & Coverdale showcase their skills to perfection on their lengthy blues classic "Mistreated". Great to hear the two heavy & funky rockers "Might Just Take Your Life" and "Lay Down Stay Down", a pair of gems also from Burn. The band does a good job on the legendary "Smoke on the Water", and this is perhaps the best Coverdale & Hughes have ever sounded on a MkII song on any live recordings from this era. Blackmore unleashes a sizzling solo to go along with the classic riff. Over on disc 2, you get two extremely lengthy pieces, "You Fool No One" from Burn and the 30+ minute version of the classic "Space Truckin' ", which back then was a great vehicle for the band to launch into lengthy jams. "You Fool No One" is groove laden and funky here, with a scorching Blackmore solo as well as a fine solo spot for Paice and loads of Lord Hammond organ. While parts of "Space Truckin' " are highly enjoyable, for the most part it's way too long, and Hughes rambles on endlessly with some funk bass slapping and scat singing.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Not really a Green Day fan although every time I hear Good Riddance (Time of your life) cant help but think about the final scene from the Seinfeld finale.

Loved the Everly Brothers tribute Billy Jo & Miranda Lambert did at the Grammys! Check it out: Miranda Lambert, Billie Joe Armstrong Remember Phil Everly

Green Day '00
On Lithium Ch:34

Tonight 6:00 pm ET
It’s been two decades since Green Day released their breakout multi-platinum album, Dookie. SiriusXM celebrates by unlocking the BBC Vault with a powerful performance loaded with groundbreaking punk rock anthems. Rediscover Green Day live at Kings College in London, England from September 2000 exclusively on Lithium, SiriusXM 34.

Rebroadcast: Tomorrow 6:00 am ET; Fri 1/31 12:00 pm ET; Fri 1/31 11:00 pm ET

1621727_725797270788337_149576570_n.jpg

Actual setlist
(Not sure which are edited out)
01. Welcome to paradise.
02. Hitchin' a ride.
03. Minority.
04. Geek stink breath.
05. Longview.
06. Church on Sunday.
07. 2000 light years away.
08. Basket case.