Logitech Squeezebox

Discussion in 'Other MP3 Players' started by Grüpsaar, Mar 4, 2010.

1. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Grup -
    I finally got a chance to watch the review. Nice job!

Have you had a chance to try the alarm yet?

I want a wifi radio with an alarm for the bathroom. I need more options for music in the morning while I'm getting ready for work.
  2. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

Yes, I've used the alarm a few times now. It has settings to set them for different days, so you can have one for each day of the week.

You can choose to wake up to anything in your collection, or radio station, or anything, really, which is nice. it get's progressively louder, so it doesn't blast you awake all at once. Works great for me so far!
  3. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

If you choose to wake up to a radio station, and your Internet connection is down, will the radio "fall back" to something else?
  4. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

Just checked this out, and I can confirm, if an internet connection, wired or wireless failed, it went to the "sound effects" app and played a song from there for the alarm.
  5. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

That's good to know. You never know when a wireless connection or Internet connection can flake out on you.
  6. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Yeah I was reading on their web site seems the big issue the alarm has is if the power goes out. If the radio restarts before you internet connecting... it doesn't pull the time and so basically the alarm at that point becomes useless.

Are their still not batteries for this thing as that would seem to solve that issue.
  7. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

There is a battery pack you can order. I am probably going to order it.
  8. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

Regaurdless, my official followup is:

I am in love with this. I still use my SL2 to record the stern show and listen back, but listening to Sirius otherwise, I am using the squeezebox. So convenient.
    DAB likes this.
  9. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Yeah the more reading I do on it the more I'd say it is a damn sweet setup! I appreciate you sharing all about it and keeping us updated.
  10. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

Once I get to the point where the drop outs start driving me nuts at work, I'll probably spring for one of these for the office. I see it as sort of a single zone Sonos system. Looks sweet to me.
  11. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

Yeah, I gotta say, it has replaced my stiletto for home listening. I record the stern show still with the SL2 but for music and everything else it's way easier to pop on the squeezebox and listen all night, and the sound quality is markedly better. I got all my favorite video game music stations on shoutcast set now for my alarms on my days off, and howard on the other days. It's great. Since getting it, it has turned off and restarted on me twice for no reason, but it's always within the first 5 mintes of using it. otherwise I go hours with no issues and hte alarm hasn't failed me yet.
  12. KTMCDO

KTMCDO Member

hope u upgraded the server software
  13. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

I got an update on my radio for new firmware, not sure if that's what you mean.