Lynx daylight savings time

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
On a similar note, even though this is not talked about or recommended by SXM, maybe these updates made the unit go kablooey much like updates or rom changes on an android makes my phone go strange sometimes. The way I solve this problem is either:
A) reset and erase everything via recovery, or
B)wipe cache partition via recovery

Both of these options are available via the Lynx if you hold down volume up and power when powering the unit on (or maybe its volume down and power...its one or the other, one makes it go to recovery, the other makes it just have a blank screen until you pull the battery)

Since I am not having this issue, I say maybe try wiping the cache. You can select to not wipe the recording cache partition if you do not want to lose recordings.

No shiz? So it takes you to a menu that gives an option to clear the cache without deleting anything in memory? The office I'm working in doesn't have wi fi, so I'd hate to lose my replays before Friday night.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Well, I just completed a system reset and my first test at scheduled recording was successful!

I have a few set up for tomorrow.
When you say system reset, there are 2 options- did you select:

Reset all settings (when you select this, it tells you that only your Radio Replays will be deleted and not 'My Recorded Shows' or 'My Recorded Channels')

Delete all content (deletes all recorded content)

or both and in what order?

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
No shiz? So it takes you to a menu that gives an option to clear the cache without deleting anything in memory? The office I'm working in doesn't have wi fi, so I'd hate to lose my replays before Friday night.

As far as I remember, Yes. I will test it on mine in a bit to make sure, though. I know I've done this at least twice before adn don't recall losing my replays, favorites, recorded shows, and settings. It just clears other cache settings apperently, similar to wiping the dalvik cache on a phone, which basically means the first boot takes a little longer while it loads stuff into memory, and rebulds app data. I assume this is similar on the lynx.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Just to confirm. I booted my Lynx in recovery mode (Holding the volume down button while powering it on) Once in android recovery, I selected "wipe cache partition". I did this, restarted my Lynx, and did not lose any recordings. There is a seperate option in recovery for wiping recording partition, and do a full reset/erase.

I was just having a few issues with audio cutting out and the Lynx kept freezing and being laggy when navigating menus. It kept locking up when I switched screens, and only displayed a blue solid background for a minute or two. It sometimes returns back to the now playing screen, but sometimes it also boots me out of wifi mode and stops playbacks, and restarts the stream, logging in, etc. I did the cache wipe to see if this corrects anything. Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but it is wotth a try. It's worth noting My Lynx was used heavily today, It recorded the Stern show this morning, I then putit in sleep mode, docked it, and it recorded A few shows today While I was at work. It remained on in Sat mode all day since it does not put itself back to sleep or turn the screen off after or during a recording. (which is both good and bad...it racked up 18 hours of replay content for me), so I chalk up laggyness to it being on all day, perhaps. We will see if this wipe helped. Usually a simple reboot also helps, too.

Also, I could have sworn Radio replays had a limit per channel, something like 8 or 10 hours? I only noticed it follow this rule prior to the very first update I got with my Lynx (the one featuring On demand and longer channel buffer times).Now It records upwards to 20 or more hours of replays per channel. I currently have 82 hours of replays, it says "Data:386MB, Recordings:864MB

Anyone know the official ruling on this? the feature list says 200 hours of content can be used for replays, But I thought there was a per channel limit?

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Good stuff! Thanks. I'll give it a try.
Right now, I think I have 120 hours of replays stored.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Volume up is the blank screen

I pressed volume down & then power on for about 4 seconds and got this screen:

Android system recovery <3e>

Android system recovery utility

reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache portion
wipe recording portion
run e2fsk tool

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com

reboot system now
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache portion
wipe recording portion
run e2fsk tool

yup, this is standard android recovery. from here, id like to install a different recovery (2e instead of 3e) so i can install unsigned updates and roms, like a stock or custom android OS.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC

reboot system now
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache portion
wipe recording portion
run e2fsk tool
Just did a scheduled recording and it worked :bigthumbup:

Last night I did a 1)Reset all settings & 2)wipe cache portion. Everything is working quicker so far and will keep a close eye on it for a few days.

Even though this seems to have fixed it, we should not have to perform these actions. In order for this unit to function at 100%, SXM is going to have to do a regulary scheduled monthly update IMO.

Grüpsaar - can you explain in detail all the above functions?

wpicha

Oct 14, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Update:
My scheduled recording kicked off this morning with no issues.
And since the reset I am no longer having an issue with the brightness controls for the screen.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Update:
My scheduled recording kicked off this morning with no issues.
And since the reset I am no longer having an issue with the brightness controls for the screen.
When you say system reset, there are 2 options- did you select:

Reset all settings (when you select this, it tells you that only your Radio Replays will be deleted and not 'My Recorded Shows' or 'My Recorded Channels')

Delete all content (deletes all recorded content)

or both and in what order?

wpicha

Oct 14, 2008
Cleveland, OH
I selected reset all setting to set everything back to default.
Before I did that I wrote down my presets, so it wasn't too difficult to get it back to the way it was.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I did the clear cache this morning. So far (knock on wood) I haven't had the skipping issue.

I wonder if the last update was missing a command that told the radio to clear the cache and whatnot when it rebooted after the install.

sgniwder

Nov 10, 2008
I know that this is an old post, but did anyone ever select the wipe data/factory reset option? I am afraid to hit that one in case it renders the Lynx inoperable. I have performed the others, but when I run e2fsk checks, I have errors on my cache and settings partitions. I would like to try this.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I thought someone had done it, but don't see a post with a quick browse.
It should work, but like you, I get a little nervous about those things.
I don't think I've cleared my cache since the last time I posted about doing it in this thread.

Reactions: sgniwder

sgniwder

Nov 10, 2008
I found the post today in this thread- LYNX - Android Screens | Digital Radio Central from sordadead. This indicates that the Lynx no longer worked after he selected that option.
I called technical support again this morning and after some troubleshooting, I have found out that I am under warranty, so they are sending me a replacement device.
Once I receive the new one and get it operational, I'll try to give this a shot to see what happens and report back.

Reactions: HecticArt

sgniwder

Nov 10, 2008
Ok, I did the wipe data/factory reset option and it did not render the device useless. It just did a normal factory reset and then the device booted up. It did not make the wifi come back on though...